Hi, I saw the 320lt at Oshhkosh and it looks like a candidate for the 750.
145hp and a target dry weight of 229lbs.
Has anybody else considered it?
http://www.titanengine.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/Titan_RackCar...

Views: 600

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The conventional wisdom is that there's not much point in pursuing higher hp engines since the 750 has such a high-drag airframe and that it takes a nearly exponential increase in hp to see any significant speed increases. The weight increase of that engine is going to take a serious whack out of useful load vs a 100 hp Rotax or a 120 hp Jabiru..

That being said, it would be fun if someone challenges the "conventional wisdom" and stuffs one in a 750 and see what happens! Not out of the realm of possibility - someone has even built a turbine 701!!!

John
N750A

I agree, the cruise speed is limited but I'm looking for better takeoff/climb numbers. 

It looks like the 912is with an Airmaster should work well.  At least if you're going to cruise slow, it won't cost you much and you should have short takeoffs!

Rob

Your saying 37,000.00 dollars for an engine, prop, and firewall forward package is not too much.  Where you getting your discounts.

Jon

Robert...my CruZer will have that package...912is and Airmaster Prop:)

RSS

New from Zenith:

Zenith Planes For Sale 

Classified listing for buying or selling your Zenith building or flying related stuff...

Custom Instrument Panels
for your Zenith
:

Custom instrument panels are now available directly from Zenith Aircraft Company exclusively for Zenith builders and owners. Pre-cut panel, Dynon and Garmin avionics, and more.

Zenith Homecoming Tee:

Zenair Floats

Flying On Your Own Wings:
A Complete Guide to Understanding Light Airplane Design, by Chris Heintz

Builder & Pilot Supplies:

Aircraft Insurance:

West Coast USA:

Pro Builder Assistance:

Transition training:

Lavion Aero

K&S Aviation Services

Aircraft Spruce & Specialty for all your building and pilot supplies!

How to videos from HomebuiltHELP.com

Developed specifically for Zenith builders (by a builder) these videos on DVD are a great help in building your own kit plane by providing practical hands-on construction information. Visit HomebuiltHelp.com for the latest DVD titles.

© 2024   Created by Zenith.Aero.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service