Hello...i am running a 3300A with a bing carb. lately i have been having issues. If i pull the throttle cable back till it stops it stalls the engine...if i adjust the cable to full throttle it starts missing during climb out like it has too much fuel and i have begun having issues with carb ice. at least it acts like carb ice when i pull on the carb heat it runs rough and then straightens out....my worst issue is the engine stall...anyone have similar issues and fixes?

Views: 198

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I actually like the Bing, once I understood the different systems and how they are supposed to work. The sensing port was very rough inside and once cleaned and smoothed out made an improvement, as it gave more air energy to the atomizer to shear fuel. This is why it is very critical to make sure there is nothing remotely in front of this port entry, located at the 6 o'clock position of the carb air entry. Even an air elbow that is too close to the entry can influence this port..

DonB

i will look for that...I plan on getting a rebuild kit and installing it

Inflight shutdowns should NOT be the norm.  

Once you accept it as the norm, you are the test pilot of a poor design.  

Now, be 100% sure your throttle cable support bracket is 100% attached to the engine, and not to the firewall.  If it is attached to the firewall, the thing will shut down at every landing

thanks jan...will check it

RSS

New from Zenith:

Zenith Planes For Sale 

Classified listing for buying or selling your Zenith building or flying related stuff...

Weather Maps

Custom Instrument Panels
for your Zenith
:

Custom instrument panels are now available directly from Zenith Aircraft Company exclusively for Zenith builders and owners. Pre-cut panel, power distribution panel, Approach Fast Stack harnesses, Dynon and Garmin avionics, and more.

Custom Upholstery Kits for your Zenith Aircraft:

Zenith Vinyl Upholstery Kits

Zenith Apparel from EAA:

Zenair Floats

Flying On Your Own Wings:
A Complete Guide to Understanding Light Airplane Design, by Chris Heintz

Builder & Pilot Supplies:

How to videos from HomebuiltHELP.com

Developed specifically for Zenith builders (by a builder) these videos on DVD are a great help in building your own kit plane by providing practical hands-on construction information. Visit HomebuiltHelp.com for the latest DVD titles.

West Coast USA:

Transition Training:

Wheels & Wings

Pro Builder Assistance

Aircraft Spruce & Specialty for all your building and pilot supplies!

© 2019   Created by Zenith.Aero.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service