Everything we said it would be, it has turned out to be. The Viking Honda based engine has become the #1 aircraft engine of choice for all sport aircraft builders with over 25 orders at Air Venture Alone. 

Www.vikingaircraftengines.com

Jan

Views: 24269

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Jan,

Where will you be/when in New Hampshire...might like to look at the engine/ask a few questions!

Dave

Will fly to Rode Island on Thursday, then Nashua NH on Friday.

We can meet anyone that would like to see the Viking on the way North.

Jan

Jan

I love the vids I have seen of your engine.  Do you offer a kit to the home "doers" that want to take an engine out of a Honda Fit and kit the engine themselves for aircraft application? If so, how do I get that information and costs?

No, we do not.  However, every part of the engine will become available through our shopping cart.  This way anyone can buy whatever they would like.

Jan

Jan, if you ask the right person, Santa is real. Let's hear from people who have actually taken delivery, and have them report delivery times, performance, etc etc.

You might need more performance, but this is all we can do for now

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=8wIe0ROnJVk

I can help you answer the delivery time question:  Plan on us being late.  We are getting caught up, but still late on delivery.  When we plan for 20 engines, we get orders for 30.  When we plan for 40, we get orders for 50.  Not easy but also fun.

Is your picture real?  Does not look real

Jan

No, it's a cartoon, based on a photo.

Sonex Cruising at 170mph TAS

http://www.vikingaircraftengines.com/news/News.html

Not too bad.  Now, if you need more performance, we don't have it.  We can only do what we can do.  

Jan

hi jan

did i get it right ? Vernon's 750 is up for sale ?.

Yes, it is for sale to finance the next project.  Vern flew 200 hr in 2 years.  More than most CH-750's.  He is now going to build a 750 Cruiser or  similar.  Before this he built 2 x  CH-701's and a Jabiru CH-750.

He said he would not sell before the Zenith Aircraft "Fly In to Summer" Open House and Builder Fly-In, June 22, 2013, at the Zenith factory in Mexico, Missouri.

Vern has an exceptionally nice flying airplane.  He likes to attend this.  Maybe it will sell during the fly-in?

Jan

Wanted to see this link, but it has been taken down.  Anyway you can send it to me?

Rusty, here is your email to me, making me answer you with a short, in your opinion "rude" response.

"Jan, unlike other engines like lycomings, etc, the Viking has special made parts like valve covers etc... I feel like I can have those special parts recreated in the event you ever quit making this engine, or in the event you were ever in some kind of accident (unfortunately) I hate to ask that kind of question but what would I do about the ECU if something happened to you and my ECU blew up? Can one be made from schematic or blueprint? I didn't want to ask that question on the public forum but is one which is a concern... 
Rusty King"
As soon as you talk about me, as though I am about to die, you are the one being selfish.  Reading your above letter, it seems you have received everything.  As I have told others, the ECU you are waiting for, you can have Immediately.  It is TOTALLY up to you, if you want to wait for the FREE upgrade.  Also, if we never made any improvements to our engine, you would also be irritated.  My replies will not be gentle.  If you do not want to update your engine, I will tell you it is not the right thing to do.  If you feel that you somehow "own" me and I should pretend to be a "gentle" sales person to you, telling you what you want to hear, you are mistaken.  Aircraft engines are serious business, carrying people.
Reading your paragraph above, that is exactly how you feel: "Jan is difficult to handle in terms of being a paid in full customer for a product costing 14,000, and I should not be treated with disrespect when I ask questions..."
You are not being treated with disrespect.  At the same time, you do not own the right to be abrasive, because you bought an engine.  The engine you bought did not make anyone rich.  It was not made for any other purpose, other than to see more people enjoy the feeling of flight.  It was also made because we have fun doing it.  We actually LIKE aviation.

I deal with people all the time where the aircraft build has become too much of a burden on family, health, time, etc.  When this happens, the vendors become the blame.  
So, to recap:  You are not ready for the ECU, but you want one, just in case I would die.  
Email me and let me know which one to send:  

The earlier version is in a sheet metal case.  It runs the engine well, but the engine is harder to start when it gets really cold.  Many types of engines have this issue and you might be OK with it.  Also, it is summer and you can exchange it in the fall.   I can send you this one tomorrow morning

Or, you are not ready for the ECU and want to wait for those that are now flying, letting them have the first pick as the updated unit arrive from our vendor.  

We have never kept anything from you.  We have continued to improve on the engine you bought.  We work everyday for the purpose of making this engine the best value. We do help our customers as needed and within the means we have.  Our company is slowly growing and we now have better staff, better trained technicians, more people flying, a manual in the works, a new web site being developed, a huge inventory arriving, a parts shopping cart going together, etc.  

Jan

RSS

New from Zenith:

Zenith Planes For Sale 

Classified listing for buying or selling your Zenith building or flying related stuff...

Custom Instrument Panels
for your Zenith
:

Custom instrument panels are now available directly from Zenith Aircraft Company exclusively for Zenith builders and owners. Pre-cut panel, Dynon and Garmin avionics, and more.

Zenith Homecoming Tee:

Zenair Floats

Flying On Your Own Wings:
A Complete Guide to Understanding Light Airplane Design, by Chris Heintz

Builder & Pilot Supplies:

Aircraft Insurance:

West Coast USA:

Pro Builder Assistance:

Transition training:

Lavion Aero

K&S Aviation Services

Aircraft Spruce & Specialty for all your building and pilot supplies!

How to videos from HomebuiltHELP.com

Developed specifically for Zenith builders (by a builder) these videos on DVD are a great help in building your own kit plane by providing practical hands-on construction information. Visit HomebuiltHelp.com for the latest DVD titles.

© 2024   Created by Zenith.Aero.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service