Clamped the left wing onto my 801, but can’t find anywhere what the incidence is. Got the dihedral and plumb directions. How is incidence set? Thanks, Bill of Georgia 

Views: 789

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Bill is it possible to choose a particular angle of incidence when mounting the 801 wing?  On my 701 it is not. Have you tried calling Zenith and talking to Roger?

No, I have not called anyone at Zac, but on the two previous kit planes I built (601 xl & RV-8a) it was important to set the wing incident so I assume the 801 I am building has a similar requirement ? Thanks, Bill 

The 701 wing incidence is set for the builder through the fixed angle of the steel wing attach points welded to the steel tubular cabin frame at the factory, most likely in a jig. The builder ensures the angle of the rear wing spar is correct to the drawing when riveting the spar, that’s about it.  Is the 801 similar?

Try looking at the CH750 wing attach manual  http://www.zenithair.com/stolch750/data/75-ZA-4_75-ZA-5_A.pdf  for how to do it and the angle should be on your plans. I am building the 750 and installed the wings a few months ago and it definitely mentions wing incidence for that model (3 deg. nose up I think). I'm at work and don't have the plans with me.

I have had 2 CH801's  and they both tend to fly slightly nose high in cruise and more so when in slower cruise, even wit a forward CG.  I would like to have a better sight picture by lowering the nose so the view out is more like that of a 750.   Has anyone ever experimented with changing the angle of incidence of the wing?  If so how did it affect the angle of incidence of the H Stab and the engine mounting?

RSS

New from Zenith:

Zenith Planes For Sale 

Classified listing for buying or selling your Zenith building or flying related stuff...

Custom Instrument Panels
for your Zenith
:

Custom instrument panels are now available directly from Zenith Aircraft Company exclusively for Zenith builders and owners. Pre-cut panel, Dynon and Garmin avionics, and more.

Zenith Homecoming Tee:

Zenair Floats

Flying On Your Own Wings:
A Complete Guide to Understanding Light Airplane Design, by Chris Heintz

Builder & Pilot Supplies:

Aircraft Insurance:

West Coast USA:

Pro Builder Assistance:

Transition training:

Lavion Aero

K&S Aviation Services

Aircraft Spruce & Specialty for all your building and pilot supplies!

How to videos from HomebuiltHELP.com

Developed specifically for Zenith builders (by a builder) these videos on DVD are a great help in building your own kit plane by providing practical hands-on construction information. Visit HomebuiltHelp.com for the latest DVD titles.

© 2024   Created by Zenith.Aero.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service