Hi a mate brought a 601 XL with an 912 fitted. 

he has since found that the Engine mount has been modified and lengthened. He did not get an Engine mount drawing. Where can I tell him to get one as my plans set for my XL has everyother engine mount but the 912?

Chris..

Views: 471

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I purchased an early 601XL with a 912S.  It was very light but tended to be quite tail heavy.  I asked the Zenith folks about this on a couple of occasions, but didn't really get a straight answer.  It was quite clear that the engine needed to be moved forward.  Early in these discussions with them, they mentioned that the Euro versions had made this production mod and if I wanted more info, contact them.  Unfortunately, this was around the time of the XL wing problems and no one really had the time to give me more info.  I was able to get a copy of the Euro Rotax FWF package drawings and indeed it appears the engine mount was redesigned and the engine moved 142 mm forward relative to the drawing package that came with my early 2000s vintage aircraft.  I have both the early Rotax mount drawings and the newer Euro version drawings, but I do not want to get in trouble with Zenith by redistributing their drawings.  Perhaps you should have your friend contact me via email and maybe I can help him or at least point him in the right direction.  If he would like more info, send me a private message.

Doug 

Hi Doug

I am wanting to use a 912uls and ring mount in my 650B that I bought. It previously had the UL and the previous owner took that with him to transplant into a 750.  I sourced a mount from a Sling which marries nicely to the rotax. I need some measurements for the engine position. Can you help?  
Thanks

Mark 
Johannesburg

Attachments:

RSS

New from Zenith:

Zenith Planes For Sale 

Classified listing for buying or selling your Zenith building or flying related stuff...

Custom Instrument Panels
for your Zenith
:

Custom instrument panels are now available directly from Zenith Aircraft Company exclusively for Zenith builders and owners. Pre-cut panel, Dynon and Garmin avionics, and more.

Zenith Homecoming Tee:

Zenair Floats

Flying On Your Own Wings:
A Complete Guide to Understanding Light Airplane Design, by Chris Heintz

Builder & Pilot Supplies:

Aircraft Insurance:

West Coast USA:

Pro Builder Assistance:

Transition training:

Lavion Aero

K&S Aviation Services

Aircraft Spruce & Specialty for all your building and pilot supplies!

How to videos from HomebuiltHELP.com

Developed specifically for Zenith builders (by a builder) these videos on DVD are a great help in building your own kit plane by providing practical hands-on construction information. Visit HomebuiltHelp.com for the latest DVD titles.

© 2024   Created by Zenith.Aero.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service