Hi all,

I have 701 with Rotax 912 ULS which I di not build

My left bank CHT gauge recently stopped working.

I want to gather info and perhaps replacement parts before I take off the cowling and start investigating.

I assume it can be 

Faulty sensor

Connection - CHT sensor to gauge wire

Broken wire

Connection - gauge wire to CHT gauge

Bad gauge

What do you think is most likely?

I am very familiar with small 2 strokes for powered paragliding and the sensor is bimetal ring that goes under the spark plug. What does the sensor look like and where is it located on Rotax 912 ULS?

Thanks in advance for any answers

Andre

Views: 125

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Don't know what readout instrument you are using. I'd run a continuity check on leads going to readout. This will tell whether any lead is disconnected/broken. The official 912 CHT probe is a thermistor that screws into cyl head. If the readout instrument uses a thermocouple instead, many are done by a ring washer with TC leads attached and it's placed under a bolt screwed into same port as the thermistor. So start by looking and tracing the location of the sensor to determine which type is being used. The TC (thermocouple) will have 2 leads and thermistor has one lead.

RSS

New from Zenith:

Zenith Planes For Sale 

Classified listing for buying or selling your Zenith building or flying related stuff...

Custom Instrument Panels
for your Zenith
:

Custom instrument panels are now available directly from Zenith Aircraft Company exclusively for Zenith builders and owners. Pre-cut panel, Dynon and Garmin avionics, and more.

Zenith Homecoming Tee:

Zenair Floats

Flying On Your Own Wings:
A Complete Guide to Understanding Light Airplane Design, by Chris Heintz

Builder & Pilot Supplies:

Aircraft Insurance:

West Coast USA:

Pro Builder Assistance:

Transition training:

Lavion Aero

K&S Aviation Services

Aircraft Spruce & Specialty for all your building and pilot supplies!

How to videos from HomebuiltHELP.com

Developed specifically for Zenith builders (by a builder) these videos on DVD are a great help in building your own kit plane by providing practical hands-on construction information. Visit HomebuiltHelp.com for the latest DVD titles.

© 2024   Created by Zenith.Aero.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service