I would like to use a three blade Warp Drive propeller on my O-235. What size(s) are practical for the 601? Are there other viable options that has been used successfully?

Mike

Views: 203

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have a brand new Ed Serba wood prop and face plates and extension for an XL601b 0-235 C1B I was going to use on my XL I was building, but instead I bought a flying XL. I would discount it a couple a hundred dollars from what I paid. Again brand new, just test fitted on my engine 

What is the length and pitch? How did you determine the choice of this prop for your C1B. My engine is a C2C. I was just looking for first hand knowledge and experience to help guide me with this decision. What are you using on your flying XL and how does it perform? I know there are not a lot of flying 601 XL's with lycomings so it might prove difficult getting an answer. 

Please message me with the price of your prop. 

Mike

The prop is 68/57, the one that is used on a factory 601 XL. I have a three blade warp drive that came on my 601. I cruse  at 2400 RPM indicating between 115-120 MPH at 7 GPH. I have the L2C engine. Will have to look up what I paid. You need to check on your hub as from what I understand there are a couple of differing hole centers for the 0-235

That looks like the prop flange on my engine, but I better make sure. How much for the Serba prop?

Mike I have $1,213.oo invested plus shipping. I won't sell just the  prop as I would have no use for the bolts extension, and crush plate . I would take a thousand dollars plus actual shipping for the prop, prop extension, custom bolts and washers, and crush plate. These are all parts designed for the Lycoming 0-235 installed on the Zenith XL 601B using the Zenith factory cowl and engine mount. With out the extension the prop has a very good chance of rubbing on the back of the prop. 

According to the Lycoming manual, my bolt pattern is AS-127-1. 

A visual inspection is not enough to determine the difference between AS-127-1 and AS-127-2. I have no reason to doubt the manual and my engine case has never been disassembled. 

The O-235 came with either an SAE-1 HUB or an SAE-2 hub. You can tell which one by measuring the bolt hole spacing. See attached.

Attachments:

I think I will stick with the warp drive propeller, but thanks for the offer.

Contact Daryl at warp drive. He will help you make the correct choice.

Dave

I have a 68" 3 blade warp drive prop with the HP hub on my 601 with the O-235-C1 engine. I have the tapered tips but did not spend the extra money on the nickel leading edge (but wish I had). 

I have a Brand New Warp Drive 3-Blade 68" Prop with the HP hub that we were going to use on a Lycoming o-235 project but have since ended up going a viking route with DUC prop. please send me a message if you are interested. 

RSS

New from Zenith:

Zenith Aircraft For Sale 

Classified listing for buying or selling your Zenith building or flying related stuff...

Weather Maps

Custom Instrument Panels
for your Zenith
:

Custom instrument panels are now available directly from Zenith Aircraft Company exclusively for Zenith builders and owners. Pre-cut panel, power distribution panel, Approach Fast Stack harnesses, Dynon and Garmin avionics, and more.

Custom Upholstery Kits for your Zenith Aircraft:

Zenith Vinyl Upholstery Kits

Zenith Apparel from EAA:

Zenair Floats

Flying On Your Own Wings:
A Complete Guide to Understanding Light Airplane Design, by Chris Heintz

Builder & Pilot Supplies:

How to videos from HomebuiltHELP.com

Developed specifically for Zenith builders (by a builder) these videos on DVD are a great help in building your own kit plane by providing practical hands-on construction information. Visit HomebuiltHelp.com for the latest DVD titles.

Zenith transition and Sport Pilot training:

Quality Sport Planes
Cloverdale, California:

Wheels & Wings

Pro Builder Assistance

© 2019   Created by Zenith.Aero.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service