I made two pieces of L angle from scratch for the bottom rear fusegage after the tailframes ch 701. the longer one came out like that. what is the proper way to fix? Tha best I can tell is to add small flutes on the no rivet side of the L angle.

Views: 262

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It is hard for me to get small cross sections of L angles like that perfectly straight. For me, if it does not take more than a light bit of finger pressure to straighten out, I use it as is. Sometimes I can get some of the bow out if the edges are well deburred and sanded down some to remove some of the stress from cutting. Another technique I use is to bend the section while attached to a larger sheet and then cut off with my 52" shear. However you have to have the shear.

To get the section straight while attaching, clamp it to a thicker section of aluminum that is straight. .093 works well for that if you have already purchased it.

It looks fine to me. When you drill it out and align it with your guide line, it will straighten out nicely. 

What I said about the flutes make no sense at all. Steven and Damon thank you.  So the line and the clamping will do it. I ve got the 0.125 angles Damon but I get the point what you mean. Thanks guys. Really helpful.

RSS

New from Zenith:

Zenith Planes For Sale 

Classified listing for buying or selling your Zenith building or flying related stuff...

Custom Instrument Panels
for your Zenith
:

Custom instrument panels are now available directly from Zenith Aircraft Company exclusively for Zenith builders and owners. Pre-cut panel, Dynon and Garmin avionics, and more.

Zenith Homecoming Tee:

Zenair Floats

Flying On Your Own Wings:
A Complete Guide to Understanding Light Airplane Design, by Chris Heintz

Builder & Pilot Supplies:

Aircraft Insurance:

West Coast USA:

Pro Builder Assistance:

Transition training:

Lavion Aero

K&S Aviation Services

Aircraft Spruce & Specialty for all your building and pilot supplies!

How to videos from HomebuiltHELP.com

Developed specifically for Zenith builders (by a builder) these videos on DVD are a great help in building your own kit plane by providing practical hands-on construction information. Visit HomebuiltHelp.com for the latest DVD titles.

© 2024   Created by Zenith.Aero.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service