What's a good material and source for a covering film for the instrument panel and centre console. I know some have use a carbonfibre cover. I was thinking maybe just grey. Does it hold up in the heat and sun exposure over time?


Views: 93

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

take a look at 3m 1080 vinyl. it's used on the exterior of aircraft, race cars. etc. It's pretty tough, very easy to use and for a panel, very cheap on Amazon. If you've never used it, this is not your fathers vinyl. Tough, won't bubble, stretches, etc.

I used it on the exterior of my plane. 

What did we do before Amazon...



New from Zenith:

Zenith Planes For Sale 

Classified listing for buying or selling your Zenith building or flying related stuff...


Weather Maps

Custom Instrument Panels
for your Zenith

Custom instrument panels are now available directly from Zenith Aircraft Company exclusively for Zenith builders and owners. Pre-cut panel, power distribution panel, Approach Fast Stack harnesses, Dynon and Garmin avionics, and more.

Custom Upholstery Kits for your Zenith Aircraft:

Zenith Vinyl Upholstery Kits

Zenith Apparel from EAA:

Zenair Floats

Flying On Your Own Wings:
A Complete Guide to Understanding Light Airplane Design, by Chris Heintz

Builder & Pilot Supplies:

How to videos from HomebuiltHELP.com

Developed specifically for Zenith builders (by a builder) these videos on DVD are a great help in building your own kit plane by providing practical hands-on construction information. Visit HomebuiltHelp.com for the latest DVD titles.


West Coast USA:

Transition Training:

Wheels & Wings

Pro Builder Assistance


Aircraft Spruce & Specialty for all your building and pilot supplies!

© 2019   Created by Zenith.Aero.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service