I'm working with Aerotronics in Billings, MT, to do my panel.  They are at the point where they need a color for the panel and I'm stumped because I haven't picked a color for the plane yet!  I had a color, but it got vetoed at OSH by the CFO of the house!

What have others done with panel colors?  I'm putting in a 10" Dynon and will be using  my Garmin 396 and a Garmin com radio.

Ed

Views: 2071

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Brad,

Where did you get the paint?  I like the way your panel looks.

Ed

In our Kitfox I got the Panel powder coated a textured "medium" gray.  I wanted a white panel after the first one I saw, but someone pointed out something that made sense to me.  You want the markings on the gauge (steam) to be contrasted.  Not necessarily the round gauge itself.  FWIW.  Panel coated front and back, control sticks and my throttle/mixture bracket for about 40$.  Best deal on the whole plane.  Bottom line is get the color you like and works for you.
Thanks, Maxwell.  I'm doing a light gray, a "Ford Tractor light grey" sort of.  Good luck on your project.  My advice is to do something every day, even if it is just a little deburring.  I've been at it since April 1, 2009 and have been interrupted too often.,

RSS

New from Zenith:

Zenith Planes For Sale 

Classified listing for buying or selling your Zenith building or flying related stuff...

Custom Instrument Panels
for your Zenith
:

Custom instrument panels are now available directly from Zenith Aircraft Company exclusively for Zenith builders and owners. Pre-cut panel, Dynon and Garmin avionics, and more.

Zenith Homecoming Tee:

Zenair Floats

Flying On Your Own Wings:
A Complete Guide to Understanding Light Airplane Design, by Chris Heintz

Builder & Pilot Supplies:

Aircraft Insurance:

West Coast USA:

Pro Builder Assistance:

Transition training:

Lavion Aero

K&S Aviation Services

Aircraft Spruce & Specialty for all your building and pilot supplies!

How to videos from HomebuiltHELP.com

Developed specifically for Zenith builders (by a builder) these videos on DVD are a great help in building your own kit plane by providing practical hands-on construction information. Visit HomebuiltHelp.com for the latest DVD titles.

© 2024   Created by Zenith.Aero.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service