I'm working with Aerotronics in Billings, MT, to do my panel.  They are at the point where they need a color for the panel and I'm stumped because I haven't picked a color for the plane yet!  I had a color, but it got vetoed at OSH by the CFO of the house!

What have others done with panel colors?  I'm putting in a 10" Dynon and will be using  my Garmin 396 and a Garmin com radio.

Ed

Views: 2071

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My panel was a simple can of Tremglad "Hammered Finish" spray paint. No fancy but easy to re-paint and touch up.
Thanks, Bob.  They paint the panel as a part of the service, so they need a color.  I'm leaning toward a light grey?
Thanks, Dave.  It looks great!

I did my in flat gray.  So far I'm pleased.  There is no glare and it's nice and neutral.

Jerry

Thanks, Jerry, why did you choose flat?
My vote would be flat or matte black. Plain surface or crinkle surface paint, but in a non-reflective dark color. If you do not have your color scheme picked out yet, black goes with anything. The less chance for reflected glare, the better.
Thanks, Bob, I always liked a crinkle surface I saw on a Tri-Pacer.

Hi Ed

I painted mine in Matterhorn white as per the rest of my plane but I let it splatter a bit to drop the reflective level down a tad. It really defines the instruments so that your eyes go right to the middle of the instrument that your are looking for and it looks clean. That my excuse and I'm sticken to it.

Power on

Phill

Thanks, Phil, looks great.  I can't wait to power mine up!  It is gadget mania to the 4th power!

Phill, thats a nice looking panel, you gave the same reason that I have for a lighter panel color. I have always loved an "almond" or off white colored panel.

Steven, 

Great shots of your build.  I'm at the cockpit build point and you give me some encouragement that it can be done.

Ed

Attachments:

RSS

New from Zenith:

Zenith Planes For Sale 

Classified listing for buying or selling your Zenith building or flying related stuff...

Custom Instrument Panels
for your Zenith
:

Custom instrument panels are now available directly from Zenith Aircraft Company exclusively for Zenith builders and owners. Pre-cut panel, Dynon and Garmin avionics, and more.

Zenith Homecoming Tee:

Zenair Floats

Flying On Your Own Wings:
A Complete Guide to Understanding Light Airplane Design, by Chris Heintz

Builder & Pilot Supplies:

Aircraft Insurance:

West Coast USA:

Pro Builder Assistance:

Transition training:

Lavion Aero

K&S Aviation Services

Aircraft Spruce & Specialty for all your building and pilot supplies!

How to videos from HomebuiltHELP.com

Developed specifically for Zenith builders (by a builder) these videos on DVD are a great help in building your own kit plane by providing practical hands-on construction information. Visit HomebuiltHelp.com for the latest DVD titles.

© 2024   Created by Zenith.Aero.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service