I am thinking about traveling from California to Oshkosh this year. Do the vendors offer special show pricing? I am specifically interested in engine/fwf and avionics deals.

Views: 335

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I know that Andair will be there. I wanted a FS20x4 fuel selector valve and emailed them. They WILL have product at the show, however, they were out of a specific fitting (banjo) that I wanted on my valve, so they told me to just order it at the show and they would ship it to me free. I "assume" there are also no shipping charges on products purchased at the show.

I'm ready to spring for an engine and FWF kit  - I "think" I'm going to get the Jabiru. Has anyone ever gotten any "deal" by purchasing at AirVenture?

Regards,

John

Can you buy me a Jab 3300 and FWf kit while your there?  ha ha.

Tim - I'll definitely buy one for you if the " Show Special" is "Buy one, get one free!" I, of course, will take the free one and you can reimburse me for the other one.

"Honest" John

Thought I'd follow-up on this ... Andair had a great "special"!

I wanted a FS20b4 fuel selector valve (banjo fitting outlet port)  with an elbow fitting on one of the inlet ports and countersunk faceplate screws. If ordered on thier website, the price was $286 including shipping. Spruce's price is about $299 and that doesn't include countersinking or shipping. At the show, it was $210 with all the options and no sales tax and no charge for shipping and at least $100 less than Spruce after shipping, etc!!!

Grand Rapids offered their EIS/engine monitoring system for the Jabiru for $995 with 5% off for cash (they took a check and rounded it out to $50 off!), threw in a free OAT (outside air temp probe), no sales tax and free shipping (although they had a limited number on-hand you could take with you). Sooo - all that was at least a 10% savings !

Seems like nearly all the vendors offered no sales tax and free shipping.

John

The Viking Aircraft engine HF-110 (basically a Honda Fit) will be on sale through Air Venture for $11,900, you don't have to be at the show to order, can do it online. Price on the webpage today is $13,000 and the message I saw says the price will go up after AV.

http://www.vikingaircraftengines.com/Home.html

RSS

New from Zenith:

Zenith Planes For Sale 

Classified listing for buying or selling your Zenith building or flying related stuff...

Custom Instrument Panels
for your Zenith
:

Custom instrument panels are now available directly from Zenith Aircraft Company exclusively for Zenith builders and owners. Pre-cut panel, Dynon and Garmin avionics, and more.

Zenith Homecoming Tee:

Zenair Floats

Flying On Your Own Wings:
A Complete Guide to Understanding Light Airplane Design, by Chris Heintz

Builder & Pilot Supplies:

Aircraft Insurance:

West Coast USA:

Pro Builder Assistance:

Transition training:

Lavion Aero

K&S Aviation Services

Aircraft Spruce & Specialty for all your building and pilot supplies!

How to videos from HomebuiltHELP.com

Developed specifically for Zenith builders (by a builder) these videos on DVD are a great help in building your own kit plane by providing practical hands-on construction information. Visit HomebuiltHelp.com for the latest DVD titles.

© 2024   Created by Zenith.Aero.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service