Hey everyone I am planning to attend Oshkosh this year and tent camp with my plane I’m sure there are others doing the same this is my first time up there and I am interested in camping and parking with fellow other zenith owners 

Views: 366

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

In my experience the crew who marshal aircraft do their best to keep like aircraft together.  This works best if arriving on the early side.  In recent years I have arrived early, and ussualy end up in a row with a few of there Zenith STOLs.  I think those arriving later get placed into spots that have been vacated, so it’s up to chance.  If wanting to have certain parking for a group, you need to arrive together as a flight of 2 (or 3, etc).  I don’t know what the max number in a flight is, but if very large it becomes a “mass arrival”, which can be pre arranged I think.  

Wherever you end up parked,  there is always great camaraderie at the dry, powered, and barbecue furnished builders pavilion…   

At AirVenture 2019 there were quite a few Zenith's parked in Homebuilt camping where I added a red mark.

The area to just south of the P1 taxiway tends to be full of Vans RV's.  This area closer to Galatin Avenue has a bit more variety of aircraft.

--

Timothy

RSS

New from Zenith:

Zenith Planes For Sale 

Classified listing for buying or selling your Zenith building or flying related stuff...

Custom Instrument Panels
for your Zenith
:

Custom instrument panels are now available directly from Zenith Aircraft Company exclusively for Zenith builders and owners. Pre-cut panel, Dynon and Garmin avionics, and more.

Zenith Homecoming Tee:

Zenair Floats

Flying On Your Own Wings:
A Complete Guide to Understanding Light Airplane Design, by Chris Heintz

Builder & Pilot Supplies:

Aircraft Insurance:

West Coast USA:

Pro Builder Assistance:

Transition training:

Lavion Aero

K&S Aviation Services

Aircraft Spruce & Specialty for all your building and pilot supplies!

How to videos from HomebuiltHELP.com

Developed specifically for Zenith builders (by a builder) these videos on DVD are a great help in building your own kit plane by providing practical hands-on construction information. Visit HomebuiltHelp.com for the latest DVD titles.

© 2024   Created by Zenith.Aero.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service