Online Community of Zenith Builders and Flyers
I'm really thrilled to see that we now have a Continental-specific engine forum (Thanks, John & Sebastien).
I'm building a Cruzer; have one wing, empennage, and 4 flaperons done so far (since November).
I found an O-200 on eBay that was complete with ALL accessories; several were installed less than 150 hrs ago (carb rebuilt / starter / one Slick mag). I've torn it down and, due to my build progress, have been slow-boating the engine prep work.
I've had the:
- crank magnafluxed (local Level 3 certified shop that does industrial equipment)
- crank journals were all mic'd; all within service limits (myself)
- cam & gears magnafluxed / yellow tagged by Aviation Specialties Services in Tulsa
- rods magnafluxed / yellow tagged / rebuilt by Aviation Spclties
- case zyglo'd / dimensioned / overhauled by Divco in Tulsa
- accessory case was rejected by Divco; I thought it would; scoring in oil pump gear cavity
- 8 lifter bodies checked / face ground by Aviaton Specialties (since cam was reground)
- 9 lifter bodies I'm going to clean / check myself.
That's enough for now; I have lots of questions for those of you ahead of me; I'm very engine-comfortable, but have never done an O-200 so a few things could use some enlightenment.
Thanks, Carl, for kick-starting this forum! Since there are so many suppliers for parts and likewise innumerable sources for repairs, inspections, and overhauls, posts like yours are exactly what we need - our members giving references to where they sourced their parts, repairs, and inspections!
Zenith.aero Forum Moderator