Hi, All;

Has anyone found a source for the upper starter mount bolts? The 5/16-16 x 3 5/8" bolts?

I have the ones that came out of my core, but there's no head stampings, etc., to let me know how good they are. A standard AN5-32A bolt is a -24 thread, and the accessory case is a -16.  As in, I don't know if the past rebuild shop just went down to Lowes and got a 5/16" bolt out of the parts bin.....

Views: 271

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I would go to http://www.continental.aero/support/illustrated-parts-catalog.aspx and look up the part number for that bolt and then search for it at Aircraft Spruce.  For my O200A82 that part is this one:  https://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/eppages/continentalnewbolts_...

--Dale

Interesting. My IPC gage a 24724 number ad well. They seem to treat the 533899 number as equivalent. Spruce couldn’t find the 24724 number.
Sheesh. Hunt and peck on the phone to reply made it look like I done caint type or kunstrucked a sentens.

Hmmmm.....  Mine (not the online version) has two "-3"s under the callout list. The one as you note, plus the 24724.  This is just a pic I snapped from my phone. I cut off the right side, but the catalog says the 538999 is for the ABC engines, which are the C95s etc. The 24724 says it's for the "D" engine, which in the first pages of the manual says *that's* for the O-200. Not arguing; just frustrated trying to find the parts.

Search Lowes for course thread. Lycoming oil screen uses 1/4 course thread. Lowes had just the thing. Even cad plated like AN bolts.

RSS

New from Zenith:

Zenith Planes For Sale 

Classified listing for buying or selling your Zenith building or flying related stuff...

Custom Instrument Panels
for your Zenith
:

Custom instrument panels are now available directly from Zenith Aircraft Company exclusively for Zenith builders and owners. Pre-cut panel, Dynon and Garmin avionics, and more.

Zenith Homecoming Tee:

Zenair Floats

Flying On Your Own Wings:
A Complete Guide to Understanding Light Airplane Design, by Chris Heintz

Builder & Pilot Supplies:

Aircraft Insurance:

West Coast USA:

Pro Builder Assistance:

Transition training:

Lavion Aero

K&S Aviation Services

Aircraft Spruce & Specialty for all your building and pilot supplies!

How to videos from HomebuiltHELP.com

Developed specifically for Zenith builders (by a builder) these videos on DVD are a great help in building your own kit plane by providing practical hands-on construction information. Visit HomebuiltHelp.com for the latest DVD titles.

© 2024   Created by Zenith.Aero.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service