Zenith.aero has added two new forums - the Viking Forum and the UL Power Forum.  This is in response to intense interest in the products of these two manufacturers, both of which are obviously popular with Zenith Aircraft builders and flyers!  As you know, Zenith.aero has not allowed business or commercial activity in the Forums because most members want unbiased and frank discussions about the pros and cons of different products.  On the other hand, there sometimes definitely is a need for detailed or technical information about products.  We feel these new forums can serve that purpose. This is not intended to replace the traditional factory support that most manufacturers provide, but simply be a convenient location within the forums to discuss these products.  To be clear - members or manufacturer's reps are free to respond to any topic!

These forums are open to all members.  I would suggest if your topic is specific to Viking (engines and accessories such as header tanks, "steel bungee," etc.) or UL Power, then by all means post your topic there.  If, however, the topic is more of a general nature about engines or accessories, it should be posted in the Open Forum or one of the type-specific forums. And please remember, per the member rules, do NOT "cross post," i.e., post the exact same topic in two different forums!

We're hoping this will be an advantage to the general membership of Zenith.aero and the manufacturers of products and accessories.  Should a manufacturer/vendor wish to provide detailed information, photos, videos, comparison charts, etc, they can link a response to a topic in their respective forum (or their website) and place the information there.  This will avoid cluttering the general discussions with commercial material that may interrupt the general "train-of-thought" of the topic under discussion.  It also allows the manufacturer/vendor to supply material within their respective forum and not worry about violating the non-commercial member rule - those viewing the material can consider the source.  However, please do not use these new forums or any forum for business purposes such as making or taking orders for products, etc.,  - go to the manufacturer/vendor's website or normal sales outlets for that!

This is by no means limited to Viking and UL Power - additional forums can be added if other manufacturers request one or there is sufficient demand.

I hope everyone will find the new forums useful.  As with all new things, if there are any problems or questions, please feel free to respond to this topic or message me and let me know!

Thanking everyone for their cooperation,

John

Zenith.aero Forum Moderator

Views: 553

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Great Idea!  Thanks for helping make these forums work so well John.

I agree, great idea.   The more builders can connect and share ideas the better. 

Charlie Rosenzweig

RSS

New from Zenith:

Zenith Planes For Sale 

Classified listing for buying or selling your Zenith building or flying related stuff...

Custom Instrument Panels
for your Zenith
:

Custom instrument panels are now available directly from Zenith Aircraft Company exclusively for Zenith builders and owners. Pre-cut panel, Dynon and Garmin avionics, and more.

Zenith Homecoming Tee:

Zenair Floats

Flying On Your Own Wings:
A Complete Guide to Understanding Light Airplane Design, by Chris Heintz

Builder & Pilot Supplies:

Aircraft Insurance:

West Coast USA:

Pro Builder Assistance:

Transition training:

Lavion Aero

K&S Aviation Services

Aircraft Spruce & Specialty for all your building and pilot supplies!

How to videos from HomebuiltHELP.com

Developed specifically for Zenith builders (by a builder) these videos on DVD are a great help in building your own kit plane by providing practical hands-on construction information. Visit HomebuiltHelp.com for the latest DVD titles.

© 2024   Created by Zenith.Aero.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service