Hello all,

I am in the process of extracting my main spar from the fuselage of a 601XL.  Does anyone have ideas or cautions that may help.

Regards

Ray White 

Views: 212

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

yes Ray, try not to touch the web while drilling out the solid rivets. I use a nice tool I´ve bought a Aircraft Tools to do the job.

http://www.aircraft-tool.com/shop/detail.aspx?PRODUCT_ID=1341A

Bye

Ray we never removed the spar to do the upgrades we kept the leading edge attached at the bottom but you can remove it if you need to but keep the rear bottom skin and ribbs attached.. Call me if you need any other help

Chris

Hi Ray
Take a look at my kitlog website to see if what I documented might be of help to you.

http://www.mykitlog.com/ch601xl

PHILL.

Brilliant, not only does it help but what a great motivator!  Thanks Phill

I think Ray is talking about the spar carry-through stucture, the big heavy thing under your knees when sitting in the airplane. I think most of the advice given is referencing the spar in the wing, not the carry-through spar in the fuselage.

I have not built my fuselage yet, so I will be incorporating the upgrade as part of the build. The one piece of advice I remember from the discussions at the beginning of the upgrade era is that several people recommended propping up the fuselage at several places before removeing all that stuff from the middle. Some folks had trouble with the fuselage distorting without all the structure in place.

There were several good discussion threads about doing that work here in this forum, you should be able to find them with some digging in the archives.

Thanks Bob,

Took your advice and added some support to the fuselage after removing the spar.

Cheers

Ray White

Ray,

Take a look at my kit log site, I did one of the flying CZAW airplanes then did my own. Logged as ZU601XLB OR CZAW

Http://mykitlog.com/rlendon

RSS

New from Zenith:

Zenith Planes For Sale 

Classified listing for buying or selling your Zenith building or flying related stuff...

Custom Instrument Panels
for your Zenith
:

Custom instrument panels are now available directly from Zenith Aircraft Company exclusively for Zenith builders and owners. Pre-cut panel, Dynon and Garmin avionics, and more.

Zenith Homecoming Tee:

Zenair Floats

Flying On Your Own Wings:
A Complete Guide to Understanding Light Airplane Design, by Chris Heintz

Builder & Pilot Supplies:

Aircraft Insurance:

West Coast USA:

Pro Builder Assistance:

Transition training:

Lavion Aero

K&S Aviation Services

Aircraft Spruce & Specialty for all your building and pilot supplies!

How to videos from HomebuiltHELP.com

Developed specifically for Zenith builders (by a builder) these videos on DVD are a great help in building your own kit plane by providing practical hands-on construction information. Visit HomebuiltHelp.com for the latest DVD titles.

© 2024   Created by Zenith.Aero.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service