Online Community of Zenith Builders and Flyers
For some time now, I've seen a few posts from builders who have used Lemke seats, and y'all appear to love them. I've begun the email exchange with Robert Lemke even though I'm a ways off from being able to install them.
So, I'm looking for specific comments on your experience with the seats and side panels.
1. How to they feel to the butt & back?
1a. Did you opt for the 3 layer comfort foam?
1b. Any special things added to the seats like lumbar support (foam, not the pump)? Thigh support?
2. Did you go with the stock ultra-leather stuff, or opt for one of the other options, and why?
2a. Did you opt for the FAA burn cert?
3. My plane will be solid red with black and gray stripes & accents. I don't want to go nuts with seat customizations, but was leaning toward the basic gray seat. Whether I used a lighter gray center insert or red insert, I just dunno. Opinions? Was going to to with the red double-stitch regardless.
4. Did you opt for some options that you later thought you could have done without?
5. Did you NOT get certain options that you're now kicking yourself for not getting?
Thanks; If you have any interior pics (including side panels), I'd love to see your choices.
His seas are great. well worth the money. I bought one set for my 701 and then I bought a 2nd set for my 650. Lumbar with manuel squeeze ball pump works good. Did not get FAA burn cert? My seats are double stitched. I believe that my seats for the 701 , were the first seats sold after his proto-type. I saw other zenith seats at a fly in , they were nice but Lemke seats are much better in comfort, fit and appearance , He uses a zenith seat frame to make the seats fit right. You are going to sit for hours in them and you will be glad that you spent the money.