I am having a hard time locating a good Corvair engine core to convert for my CH650 project. I would appreciate any leads anyone has on finding one. Thanks.

Views: 1901

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Todd don’t know if you would be interested but I have a complete Corvair firewall forward package. Engine was built in Corvair college and has 145 hours. Includes everything from the spinner to the engine mount. New owner of 650 wanted a Lycoming. I was going to put it in 750 cruser I’m building but decided to go with a turbo since I will be flying to 15,000 feet fairly often crossing back and forth across the rockies. Asking 12,000 but will entertain offers. If interested I can send detailed list of components. Have full logs. Ran perfectly when removed from airframe. Will include free delivery within 500 miles of Colorado Springs, CO. Mike

I have a cleaned block, nitrided crank, and misc. Corvair engine parts if anyone is needing them.

Atlanta, Ga.

Send me a list of what you have

jason.ready@flyalmaguin.com

I've got a couple of untouched cores.
Cresson, TX

Thanks, but I ended up buying a good core (I hope) in Chicago over Christmas.

Hi Todd, you can’t go wrong at Azalea Aviation. You can purchase either the 100 or the 120 core block and any parts you want. I purchased the Spyder 120 and I am delighted with the engine and the ability to talk to Bill Clapp who is also an expert. The WW design is flawed in my view because the alternator is in the front and belt driven. The Azalea engine features an integrated rear alternator directly on the shaft which makes the cowling issue much easier. Azalea is a one stop shop for your Corvair engine needs and a great design.
John Minatelli
Hello Todd. I don't suppose you would be interested in a partially completed Corvair engine Corvair engine. I have a case all cleaned with ground intake and exhaust valves, crankshaft ground 10/10, complete set of cylinders with pistons with attached connecting rods, rings. Gold hub, srtarter ring gear, Subaru mounting kit with special gears for Subaru starter. Two heads not mahined yet for cabureator, but have the Y tubing for the heads. MArvel Sweb Carb with papers it needs a jet. New distributor. Oil pump. Crankshaft has to sent out for the fifth bearing. Imcan send photos if you like. Im only asking what I spent 3500 to 4000 or BO. I think you answered me before and you said that I was too far away. So just give me an answer, if your interested. Thank you Bob Sceppa

RSS

New from Zenith:

Zenith Planes For Sale 

Classified listing for buying or selling your Zenith building or flying related stuff...

Custom Instrument Panels
for your Zenith
:

Custom instrument panels are now available directly from Zenith Aircraft Company exclusively for Zenith builders and owners. Pre-cut panel, Dynon and Garmin avionics, and more.

Zenith Homecoming Tee:

Zenair Floats

Flying On Your Own Wings:
A Complete Guide to Understanding Light Airplane Design, by Chris Heintz

Builder & Pilot Supplies:

Aircraft Insurance:

West Coast USA:

Pro Builder Assistance:

Transition training:

Lavion Aero

K&S Aviation Services

Aircraft Spruce & Specialty for all your building and pilot supplies!

How to videos from HomebuiltHELP.com

Developed specifically for Zenith builders (by a builder) these videos on DVD are a great help in building your own kit plane by providing practical hands-on construction information. Visit HomebuiltHelp.com for the latest DVD titles.

© 2024   Created by Zenith.Aero.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service