Online Community of Zenith Builders and Flyers
I just finished my paper log-book, and decided it's time to move into the 21st century, so I created the attached spreadsheet. Feel free to download and use it. It should be self-explanatory but let me know if you have any questions.
1. After downloading it, change the headings to suit the flying you do (e.g. I have helicopter and sea-plane columns which you might want to relpace with something useful to you). Also, I included a few rows of my own flights, just so you can see how it works. Obviously, you can over-write with your own.
2. Enter your current "AMT FORWARDED" in row 3, just like you would on a new page of a paper logook.
3. You can simply fill out the normal logbook entries, (don't forget "Control :" enters today's date).
4. However, if, like me, you tend to fly mostly one aircraft, then the little calculator in columns X and Y allows you just to enter current Hobbs time (1st entry), and thereafter all you have to do after each flight is enter your return Hobbs time (I usually just take a photo of the Hobbs with my phone, because I'm too idle to write it down. All the other cells for that row will then auto-populate. Just enter the date (Cntrl:), maybe some notes, and you are good to go.
Note that the autopopulate uses my home airport and aircraft number; have a look in the formulae for the cells, and you will see this and you can change it to your own data.
5. Finally, when you have personalized it to your liking, I strongly suggest protecting the sheet (Home-Cells-Format-Lock Sheet, and use default settings). This will protect all the locked cells in the top few rows so you cannot later inadvertantly over-write your time carried forward or a total time.
beatifull Log Book !!!!!