Bretheren,

I am close to first flight and have gotten a quote from Falcon Ins. for my insurance.  I had a previous policy with them for $600 that covered the various parts, etc. while building at an insured value of $60,000.

Their quote to renew that policy and add flying coverage came in at $1400.  They say I need 3 hours dual in a 701 or 750.  I currently have @ 720 hours of flight time.

How does this seem to compare to others?  By the way, insurance guys must hate experimentals because my cost for a really nice IFR Cessna 172 was $800!

Ed

Views: 3205

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi John:  My point for stating "regardless of your experience with a particular broker" is strictly to advise to obtain outside competitive quotes (for comparative purposes if nothing else).  We too have used the same broker for many years but we still shop around to make sure we continue to get the best service and prices.  Many of our customers have had a long term relationship with brokers for their "certified" plane (such as an older Cessna) who have little experience with "experimentals" kit planes which is why it may pay to shop around, not only for better quotes but also fo better coverage.

I understand! That's what was so ironic about my experience. At my agency, I knew from their clientele that my Cessna 206 was near the bottom of the gene pool ... they're more into Hawkers and Gulfstreams, etc.! I wasn't even sure if they "fooled" with experimentals! Imagine my pleasant surprise when they came back with that quote! LOL!

John,

Thanks, as always.  You have more time and the IFR rating, so it looks like they aren't far off?

Ed

Hey folks!

The annual price you pay (in EU we pay in any case much much much more...) is not everything. In case you've got a case, what really matters is how they really treat you. Do you get your full costs covered? How quickly you get the money?Do you have to argue and fight to get them pay? Unfortunately, there are many sad examples out there...

An insurance company with good reputation would be my choice regardless the insurance price.  If such company exists...

Ari,

Good advice!  

Ed

RSS

New from Zenith:

Zenith Planes For Sale 

Classified listing for buying or selling your Zenith building or flying related stuff...

Custom Instrument Panels
for your Zenith
:

Custom instrument panels are now available directly from Zenith Aircraft Company exclusively for Zenith builders and owners. Pre-cut panel, Dynon and Garmin avionics, and more.

Zenith Homecoming Tee:

Zenair Floats

Flying On Your Own Wings:
A Complete Guide to Understanding Light Airplane Design, by Chris Heintz

Builder & Pilot Supplies:

Aircraft Insurance:

West Coast USA:

Pro Builder Assistance:

Transition training:

Lavion Aero

K&S Aviation Services

Aircraft Spruce & Specialty for all your building and pilot supplies!

How to videos from HomebuiltHELP.com

Developed specifically for Zenith builders (by a builder) these videos on DVD are a great help in building your own kit plane by providing practical hands-on construction information. Visit HomebuiltHelp.com for the latest DVD titles.

© 2024   Created by Zenith.Aero.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service