I am installing landing taxi lights in the wing of my 750 Cruzer kit.  The lights come with an installation diagram, but no wiring diagram or suggestions for routing the wires.  Can any of you offer advice?  Tom

Views: 1028

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

We are just now getting ready to close-up our first wing.  While we are installing Slats, and you are not, I believe how we run wires through the wing may still be similar.

Leaving our Slat, we ran our Landing Light wire through the wings nose skin (about where you might be placing your landing light).  We then ran the wire through a lightening hole, nearby the navigation light.  Using the same grommet hole in the rear channel, both the landing and navigation light wires then enter the trailing edge cavity.

As our landing lights (one for each wing) also has Wig-Wag, we needed the same 3-strand wire which came with the Navigation Lights.  Unfortunately, Zenith only provided a single strand wire with the landing lights.  We tie wrapped the wires to plastic mounting bases, which we attached to the rear channel about every 18 inches.  Because of the size holes in the mounting bases, we used A5 rivets.  While the mounting bases (PN 11-03987) came with our landing lights, we used a heavier duty mounting base on the root end of the rear channel to hold the fuel lines and wires.  Also, all of the wires were placed in a 3/8" split loom.  Hope this gives you some ideas.

This is very helpful.  A few questions. Did you use separate + and - wires for each light? Are there two lights on each wing? Is the wig wag between the wings, or between the two lights in each pair?  Thanks, Tom

Thomas,

I did my landing and taxi lights with a wig-wag just like Bob Knuckols shows in sheet #5 of this file from his Aeroelectric site.  But any of the various schemes Bob shows will work, they just reflect different preferences. I ran one power wire and used the skin as my ground return path.

http://www.aeroelectric.com/articles/WigWag/WigWag.pdf

Dave

RSS

New from Zenith:

Zenith Planes For Sale 

Classified listing for buying or selling your Zenith building or flying related stuff...

Custom Instrument Panels
for your Zenith
:

Custom instrument panels are now available directly from Zenith Aircraft Company exclusively for Zenith builders and owners. Pre-cut panel, Dynon and Garmin avionics, and more.

Zenith Homecoming Tee:

Zenair Floats

Flying On Your Own Wings:
A Complete Guide to Understanding Light Airplane Design, by Chris Heintz

Builder & Pilot Supplies:

Aircraft Insurance:

West Coast USA:

Pro Builder Assistance:

Transition training:

Lavion Aero

K&S Aviation Services

Aircraft Spruce & Specialty for all your building and pilot supplies!

How to videos from HomebuiltHELP.com

Developed specifically for Zenith builders (by a builder) these videos on DVD are a great help in building your own kit plane by providing practical hands-on construction information. Visit HomebuiltHelp.com for the latest DVD titles.

© 2024   Created by Zenith.Aero.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service