I recently purchased a 601 HDS tail wheel aircraft and was provided a mountain of documentation and information by the previous owner/builder.  However, after searching I have not been able to find information on the proper points and procedure for jacking the aircraft for the purpose of wheel/brake servicing.  Help/info appreciated.

Thanks,

Ken Gates

Views: 615

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have an XL but it is a TD as well, so I'm not sure how helpful this information will be, but maybe you'll be able to gleen some useful information.

When I need to service my wheels or raise the aircraft,  I made a rope "sling" which I wrap around the gear attach point and then use my engine hoist to lift the wheel off the ground. I'm not sure if there is a handy, equivalent area on the landing gear on the HDS that you can get to, But I'm betting the only area which would be strong enough is probably the landing gear attach point.

Just my $0.02

Brad Cohen

N969BC

Thanks for the reply, Brad.  I have considered using an engine hoist attached to the motor mount but was concerned about deformation of the firewall structure.

See pictures. The L extrusions under the cabin and directly under the spar carry through are where I lift the aircraft.

The saw horse under the wings stabilize the jacked airframe on the motor cycle / ATV jack.

Thanks for the reply, Bob.  Looks like a pretty stable setup.

I had to change the main gear bungee

RSS

New from Zenith:

Zenith Planes For Sale 

Classified listing for buying or selling your Zenith building or flying related stuff...

Custom Instrument Panels
for your Zenith
:

Custom instrument panels are now available directly from Zenith Aircraft Company exclusively for Zenith builders and owners. Pre-cut panel, Dynon and Garmin avionics, and more.

Zenith Homecoming Tee:

Zenair Floats

Flying On Your Own Wings:
A Complete Guide to Understanding Light Airplane Design, by Chris Heintz

Builder & Pilot Supplies:

Aircraft Insurance:

West Coast USA:

Pro Builder Assistance:

Transition training:

Lavion Aero

K&S Aviation Services

Aircraft Spruce & Specialty for all your building and pilot supplies!

How to videos from HomebuiltHELP.com

Developed specifically for Zenith builders (by a builder) these videos on DVD are a great help in building your own kit plane by providing practical hands-on construction information. Visit HomebuiltHelp.com for the latest DVD titles.

© 2024   Created by Zenith.Aero.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service