After removing the builders original spinner, we found it impossible to get it perfectly balanced again. I have learned that there are better models out there, self centering - and would like to mount one onto a Jabiru 2200.

Views: 631

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Perhaps perfection is not required.

well it took us a while to track down the vibration. pretty unsettling.

all you need (if any) is the pudding bowl spinner from ACS. 

And???

Is this what you had in mind?

yes, what it that backer plate made of? Looks like it mounts out in front of the prop?

David-

The backer plate is stamped aluminum.  It mates with a plastic piece under the spinner itself.  I took some measurements.

-Brian

thanks, I will stop in this weekend and take measurements. How much are you asking?

To be honest, haven't thought about it.  Make an offer, I'll accept it.

We had enough of a thaw that the hangar doors are stuck in ice.... will have to wait for the next thaw, I am afraid. What did you have this mounted on?

I don't think it was ever on an airplane.  I lucked into a garage sale buy of "airplane parts" from an incomplete 701 build last summer.

It looks like the 5" spinner from Hegar.

http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/appages/hegarspinners.php

RSS

New from Zenith:

Zenith Planes For Sale 

Classified listing for buying or selling your Zenith building or flying related stuff...

Custom Instrument Panels
for your Zenith
:

Custom instrument panels are now available directly from Zenith Aircraft Company exclusively for Zenith builders and owners. Pre-cut panel, Dynon and Garmin avionics, and more.

Zenith Homecoming Tee:

Zenair Floats

Flying On Your Own Wings:
A Complete Guide to Understanding Light Airplane Design, by Chris Heintz

Builder & Pilot Supplies:

Aircraft Insurance:

West Coast USA:

Pro Builder Assistance:

Transition training:

Lavion Aero

K&S Aviation Services

Aircraft Spruce & Specialty for all your building and pilot supplies!

How to videos from HomebuiltHELP.com

Developed specifically for Zenith builders (by a builder) these videos on DVD are a great help in building your own kit plane by providing practical hands-on construction information. Visit HomebuiltHelp.com for the latest DVD titles.

© 2024   Created by Zenith.Aero.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service