Given the distance limitations in Phase 1 flying, I was wondering if that means you can't sell a home built until the 40 hours have been flown off, or can the buyer petition the FAA for a ferry permit or similar ?

Asking for a friend :)

Views: 332

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

On my prior plane, I built it and flew a 40 hr test suite.  A few hours after that, I made a "major mod" which required the plane re-enter Phase 1 for 5 hrs.

I sold the plane before I flew any of the "new" Phase 1.  My FSDO said that the new owner would just have to contact *their* FSDO to have a new flight test area defined, but otherwise all would be fine.  My FSDO wrote a letter saying the need for new Phase 1 (there was some debating whether it was a major mod or not, so the letter clarified.) That letter would just be provided to the new FSDO to help clarify the need for new Phase 1.

PS:  the new owner trailered the plane to the new airport, negating the need to discuss any ferry permit.

Selling it and being able to move it are two separate issues. I know of nothing that will keep you from selling it. However, moving it to another airport is another issue. You could ask the FAA for a ferry pemit, but I doubt it would be issued.

RSS

New from Zenith:

Zenith Planes For Sale 

Classified listing for buying or selling your Zenith building or flying related stuff...

Custom Instrument Panels
for your Zenith
:

Custom instrument panels are now available directly from Zenith Aircraft Company exclusively for Zenith builders and owners. Pre-cut panel, Dynon and Garmin avionics, and more.

Zenith Homecoming Tee:

Zenair Floats

Flying On Your Own Wings:
A Complete Guide to Understanding Light Airplane Design, by Chris Heintz

Builder & Pilot Supplies:

Aircraft Insurance:

West Coast USA:

Pro Builder Assistance:

Transition training:

Lavion Aero

K&S Aviation Services

Aircraft Spruce & Specialty for all your building and pilot supplies!

How to videos from HomebuiltHELP.com

Developed specifically for Zenith builders (by a builder) these videos on DVD are a great help in building your own kit plane by providing practical hands-on construction information. Visit HomebuiltHelp.com for the latest DVD titles.

© 2024   Created by Zenith.Aero.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service