It has been more than 3 years since I lost my beloved 601XLB in a crash. I have realized that I won't be building an experimental again. I need to bite the bullet and clean out the hangar and shop. Here are some of the items. I'm located about 70 miles East of Portland, Oregon.

Set of seats. Memory foam base. Professionally made. Left and right sides are different thickness to accommodate different heights. Very comfy. I have the side panels too. Can't find the pictures. Free just pay shipping.

Cowling made for Corvair. Ive had it on both 2700cc and 3250cc. It has an air inlet scoop on top because the 3250 had the engine intake air on top.

I made a Carbon & Kevlar turtleback to provide several advantages. It gave me a very stiff and accurate surface for a sealing surface for the canopy rear seal. No rain leakage and quieter. It provided a deeper place for the package shelf behind the seat. It greatly strengthened the rear cockpit structure. That came in handy when I crashed the plane. I made a .75" dia 4130 roll bar to give better protection in case of a roll over and makes a stout location for a rear canopy latch. This required that the rear of the canopy be bobbed to fit the turtleback and the canopy frame be shortened a bit. I have the original turtleback. It was not damaged at all. I have the female mold for the layup. All free except for shipping.

I have a Cyclo dual pad polisher, and a Makita 9" 600 to 3000RPM polisher/sander and several containers of polishing compound. A new polisher pad cleaner/washer. Washing pads with extension handle. I'd like half of what these would cost new. They have only been used to polish the 601. probably other things I don't remember right now. Oh yes, two wing locker tote bags. These fit inside the wing lockers and have handles and zippers. A great item.

I still do have my Corvair motors. The 2700 needs a crankshaft with Azalea Aviation prop hub to fit the Azalea front bearing. I have a stock Corvair crank that could be used. I still have my 3250cc Corvair, but it needs to be put back together. This motor is a beautiful piece of machinery. It is fuel injected with electronic ignition. No distributor. Dual injection systems and dual ignition systems switch between either system. Works perfectly. It is all tuned and dialled in. Power controlled by the throttle only. No mixture, no carb heat. Aluminum cylinders. IIRC, the engine weight less exhaust was 185 lbs. This pulled my 601 along at 140 Mph TAS at 3300 rpm. That was with a 68" Warp Drive prop. Not very efficient prop at this speed.

My wife has decided we should move to Arizona so I can't procrastinate much on this.

Louie

louieo@gorge.net

Views: 1300

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'd Love to get the seats and panels. I live in Walla Walla not too far away. Might even be able to pick them up.

Also Looking for Corvair parts specifically heads for the 2700.

Would it all fit in my pickup I'll load it all?  What would you want for all the parts?

Thanks

Charlie

N5056R

I’ll be heading to Portland on Sunday then back on Monday, are you available anytime Sunday or Monday. I could try to plan my drive accordingly.

Are the wing root fairings and gear leg fairings available...?

I've long admired your airplane.  

Patrick Hoyt

N63PZ

Hi Louis

I'm sorry to hear you won't be flying, but hope you're okay from the crash.

I'm interested in the cowling.  Also, if you happen to have the wheel pants, or even the hardware to attach them, I'd be interested in those also

Thanks

Dale

Hi Louie.

I'm interested in the polishing equipment. I've been thinking about polishing my 650B TD since I started flying it 4 years ago, but haven't been able to commit the time and effort.  If I could easily get all the equipment I need, it would probably get me off the dime.

I'm also interested in the wheel pants if available.

You can contact me at the email address below.

Dale Medendorp

dalemed@gmail.com

So sorry to hear you lost your 601, good that you are OK.  

I am 50 miles East of Portland, have a 601 HDS based at KTTD.  Am interested in seats and other parts, can fly to your

airport and have a look at a time convenient for you.

Louie I would be interested in any parts you still have email me with a list 

thank you 

Dan

email dsteveson@gmail.com

I love the control stick grip,it would look great on my almost finished 601xl-B.this  will be my last one too,i am in springfield Illinois.how much for it if you still have it

Regards

N15BJ

Ramsey2733@yahoo.com 

I looked today for the stick grip and couldn't find it. I don't recall anyone getting it. Maybe still around somewhere in a box. I'll keep looking.

Louie

Put me down for the seats and the cowling, if Charles, David or Dale do not get them. 

I'm interested in either of the corvair motors too. 

Hi Ian,
The 2700cc motor is gone and the 3250cc is still waiting for the crankshaft and case to be returned. It is apart and not in condition to sell as of now.

Louie

RSS

New from Zenith:

Zenith Planes For Sale 

Classified listing for buying or selling your Zenith building or flying related stuff...

Custom Instrument Panels
for your Zenith
:

Custom instrument panels are now available directly from Zenith Aircraft Company exclusively for Zenith builders and owners. Pre-cut panel, Dynon and Garmin avionics, and more.

Zenith Homecoming Tee:

Zenair Floats

Flying On Your Own Wings:
A Complete Guide to Understanding Light Airplane Design, by Chris Heintz

Builder & Pilot Supplies:

Aircraft Insurance:

West Coast USA:

Pro Builder Assistance:

Transition training:

Lavion Aero

K&S Aviation Services

Aircraft Spruce & Specialty for all your building and pilot supplies!

How to videos from HomebuiltHELP.com

Developed specifically for Zenith builders (by a builder) these videos on DVD are a great help in building your own kit plane by providing practical hands-on construction information. Visit HomebuiltHelp.com for the latest DVD titles.

© 2024   Created by Zenith.Aero.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service