gang 

I brought a fwf kit from Pete K a few years back. With the Gen 4 3300 larger aluminium heads Will it still fit inside the old cowl? 

Chris.

Views: 296

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I thought that was a good question and emailed Arion Aircraft/Jabiru Engine Services:

John,

The Gen 4 is a drop in replacement engine for all installations except some very early 2200s.

The Zenith 750 has specific airducts for the cowl which don’t fit the gen4. However the gen 4 airducts are easily adapted to the 750 cowl, we have several 750s flying with Gen4s.

Thank you for passing along the engine class seminar. I will have to find your group and join it.

Nick Otterback

General Manager

Arion Aircraft LLC

Jabiru Engine Services

nick@flylightning.net or 931-680-1781

2844 Hwy 231 North

Shelbyville TN, 37160

Open Mon- Friday 8am-5pm

John

N750A

I got my FWF kit from Pete in 2018 and my Gen 4 fit well.  The only issue was the second camloc on the left side did initially rub on the airmuff.  A small fiberglass patch job was all that was required.  I believe I fit the cowling without the airmuffs on the cylinders...

JD

N4031N

RSS

New from Zenith:

Zenith Planes For Sale 

Classified listing for buying or selling your Zenith building or flying related stuff...

Custom Instrument Panels
for your Zenith
:

Custom instrument panels are now available directly from Zenith Aircraft Company exclusively for Zenith builders and owners. Pre-cut panel, Dynon and Garmin avionics, and more.

Zenith Homecoming Tee:

Zenair Floats

Flying On Your Own Wings:
A Complete Guide to Understanding Light Airplane Design, by Chris Heintz

Builder & Pilot Supplies:

Aircraft Insurance:

West Coast USA:

Pro Builder Assistance:

Transition training:

Lavion Aero

K&S Aviation Services

Aircraft Spruce & Specialty for all your building and pilot supplies!

How to videos from HomebuiltHELP.com

Developed specifically for Zenith builders (by a builder) these videos on DVD are a great help in building your own kit plane by providing practical hands-on construction information. Visit HomebuiltHelp.com for the latest DVD titles.

© 2024   Created by Zenith.Aero.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service