Hi everyone Im starting the cage install on the 750, there is a 

problem lining up the lower fuselage section and cage I have about

45mm offset to the rivet holes. the upper portion has been trimmed

and clecoed to the fuselage with no problems. Why is there such a discrepancy for and aft with the lower portion? I measured the wing

attach points and these check out ok. if I try and align the frame tubes

and rivet holes there is to much of an angular discrepancy. Anybod else heve this problem?

Views: 296

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

If I recall I had to cut about 10-15mm off the bottom to line up with rivet holes.

I just completed this, and also had to trim 10-15 mm from the bottom of each tube. You might actually cut into the weld slightly. There's no other choice if you want it to fit right. There is a thread on the 750 forum about it. I am pleased with how mine turned out, but didn't think it would fit when I first set it on there. It will start to come together quickly once you trim off a few mm's.

thanks guys for the help. One other question, the small hole in the cage goes into the lowest hole on the fuselage like on the upper mount, Correct?

Yes, that's what worked for me.

RSS

New from Zenith:

Zenith Planes For Sale 

Classified listing for buying or selling your Zenith building or flying related stuff...

Custom Instrument Panels
for your Zenith
:

Custom instrument panels are now available directly from Zenith Aircraft Company exclusively for Zenith builders and owners. Pre-cut panel, Dynon and Garmin avionics, and more.

Zenith Homecoming Tee:

Zenair Floats

Flying On Your Own Wings:
A Complete Guide to Understanding Light Airplane Design, by Chris Heintz

Builder & Pilot Supplies:

Aircraft Insurance:

West Coast USA:

Pro Builder Assistance:

Transition training:

Lavion Aero

K&S Aviation Services

Aircraft Spruce & Specialty for all your building and pilot supplies!

How to videos from HomebuiltHELP.com

Developed specifically for Zenith builders (by a builder) these videos on DVD are a great help in building your own kit plane by providing practical hands-on construction information. Visit HomebuiltHelp.com for the latest DVD titles.

© 2024   Created by Zenith.Aero.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service