I'm at a point where I have to decide what engine I want to install in my Cruzer.  Unfortunately, my wings are complete and I capped off the fuel return line inlet on each of my fuel tanks thinking I was not going to install a fuel injected engine and would not need this.  Now I'm told the Rotax 912ULS with its two carbs needs a fuel return line.  Question - Does the Continental 0-200 require a fuel return line as well?  

MAC (who would like NOT to open up the wings and re-plumb the fuel tank)

Views: 298

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Mac,

Unless you had plans to convert the O200 to fuel injection a return fuel line is not required. 

By adding a couple of access ports I think retrofitting a flexible stainless steel wrapped teflon fuel line back to one of your tanks is doable.  Also consider a header tank.  Here's one fabricated by Skytek in Canada specifically for the injected Rotax, would work just as well for 912 ULS model: https://store.skytekaircraft.ca/store/p1/Header_Tank_Assembly_Kit.h...

Viking engines also sells header tanks.  Actually they sell all different stages of a fuel system.  Sorry I don't have a link.

O-200 does not require fuel return line.

There are a few good carbureted engines available that do not require a fuel return.  The Corvair, the Continental O-200, the Lycoming and the Jabiru 3300. 

RSS

New from Zenith:

Zenith Planes For Sale 

Classified listing for buying or selling your Zenith building or flying related stuff...

Custom Instrument Panels
for your Zenith
:

Custom instrument panels are now available directly from Zenith Aircraft Company exclusively for Zenith builders and owners. Pre-cut panel, Dynon and Garmin avionics, and more.

Zenith Homecoming Tee:

Zenair Floats

Flying On Your Own Wings:
A Complete Guide to Understanding Light Airplane Design, by Chris Heintz

Builder & Pilot Supplies:

Aircraft Insurance:

West Coast USA:

Pro Builder Assistance:

Transition training:

Lavion Aero

K&S Aviation Services

Aircraft Spruce & Specialty for all your building and pilot supplies!

How to videos from HomebuiltHELP.com

Developed specifically for Zenith builders (by a builder) these videos on DVD are a great help in building your own kit plane by providing practical hands-on construction information. Visit HomebuiltHelp.com for the latest DVD titles.

© 2024   Created by Zenith.Aero.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service