SOLD: 601XLB Quick-build (Built by Van's QB facility) - PLUS aircraft trailer

*SOLD*

Hi everyone, 

My life plans have changed, so it’s time to sell my project. 

This 601 is a very unique factory quick build (one of four 601s total) that was built by Bonanza Metalcrafters, the same company that builds the Vans RV quick-build kits (I have the green tags from the factory). As a result, the workmanship is top notch. The kit has been inspected by my local EAA chapter tech advisors (EAA 40) and they concur it’s very well built. The metal is smooth and the rivet lines are perfectly straight. It is also 51% compliant.

Rudder/elevator/horizontal stab are done (tips fitted but not installed), flaps built, wings and fuse are at the quick-build stage, wing mod kit (included) is installed in R wing, still needs to be installed in L wing and center spar.

This kit is complete - including a full avionics/radios/instrument/autopilot setup. After I purchased it, I bought all the remaining parts needed to make it complete. All it needs now is seats and fwf. It comes with two motor mounts for (Jabiru 3300 and O-200). Also, the entire plane (inside and out, all surfaces) is corrosion proofed with zinc chromate primer (see pics). 

Lots of extras/upgrades:

⁃ Upgraded 650 main and nose landing gear
⁃ Upgraded larger Matco 6x6 mains
⁃ Custom made “workshop” landing gear currently mounted on the fuse, allows the fuselage to be up on gear so you can work on it, but it doesn’t stick out like regular gear for you to trip over - see pics :) 

⁃ Full avionics instrument setup including: MGL enigma EFIS, MGLV10 radio (both just bench tested and serviced by MGL USA here in Torrance CA), Composite Designs pre-wired switch and breaker panel, Garmin gtx 327 transponder, Navaid AP-1 autopilot with S-2 servo, plus backup steam gauges (ASI/ALT/VSI/compass).
⁃ Stolspeed VGs
⁃ Nav/Strobe/position lights and mil-spec wiring
⁃ Elevator and aileron trim
⁃ Baggage lockers
⁃ Twin LED landing lights already installed
⁃ 650 style wingtips
⁃ Brand new Bruce’s custom canopy cover
⁃ Comm and xponder antennas
⁃ Dual pitot static systems (one for EFIS one for steam)
⁃ Custom switch panel
⁃ Van’s RV fuel level senders (so you don’t have to cut into the side of the tank)
⁃ Factory swaged control cables from Zenair ($745 option)

ALSO, the trailer goes with the plane - makes it easy to pick up from here - and easy to transport to the airport for final assembly when ready! It has softened leaf springs for aircraft transport and wing racks installed. Clean title.

I have no time to part out the sale so I’m looking to sell as one lot. $12,500 for everything. I'll try and respond to questions quickly but it may be the end of the day before I can, as my job is crazy right now.

I have MANY more photos available upon request.

Plane is located in Agua Dulce, CA, about 45 minutes northeast of Los Angeles.

Thanks, Jason

Views: 509

Attachments:

Reply to This

New from Zenith:

Zenith Planes For Sale 

Classified listing for buying or selling your Zenith building or flying related stuff...

Custom Instrument Panels
for your Zenith
:

Custom instrument panels are now available directly from Zenith Aircraft Company exclusively for Zenith builders and owners. Pre-cut panel, Dynon and Garmin avionics, and more.

Zenith Homecoming Tee:

Zenair Floats

Flying On Your Own Wings:
A Complete Guide to Understanding Light Airplane Design, by Chris Heintz

Builder & Pilot Supplies:

Aircraft Insurance:

West Coast USA:

Pro Builder Assistance:

Transition training:

Lavion Aero

K&S Aviation Services

Aircraft Spruce & Specialty for all your building and pilot supplies!

How to videos from HomebuiltHELP.com

Developed specifically for Zenith builders (by a builder) these videos on DVD are a great help in building your own kit plane by providing practical hands-on construction information. Visit HomebuiltHelp.com for the latest DVD titles.

© 2024   Created by Zenith.Aero.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service