So this evening, the rudder kit purchased on April of 2005 took its maiden flight. Of course there were a few more parts attached to it. The flight was uneventful even though I wound up with some electrical concerns. My COM stopped working.

A little elevator trim and then some Aileron trim.

The video attached is a short clip from my wife's phone, thus the rotation!! I'll get a first flight video shortly.

https://youtu.be/gjw_QwNqgy0

All one can say is you will never forget it!

Rich Simmons

N997DC - Flying

Views: 1532

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Congrats -- looks like yer rudder-kit is doing a good job of pushing that other stuff right along...

Congratulations Richard!!

YAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!

I envy you. My rudder is not yet ready to push an airplane through the sky, it is being very patient against the wall while it waits for the rest of the parts to assemble themselves.

I'm smiling thinking about it. Well done, congratulations.

Congratulations!! seeing you fly is the best incentive to continue to build.. near did bring a tear to my eye..:)

MWM

Congrats, Rich! I occasionally fly over to KMBT to visit my brother, so if you see another green Zenith, by all means say "hello!" Hope your face is not too sore - the first flight grin is a humdinger!  ;>)

John

N750A

I'm in L-11. I'm th mis south/westward hanger. Give me a yell if your coming if you wish!

Congratulations Richard. I suspect a few minor problems didn't erase the "after landing grin" on your face........

No sir ! I'm still grinning. I do have several problems. Nothing to stop me from flying but thinks I need to pay attention to. Tonight or tomorrow, I'll remove the clowning and look for leaks and other signs of concerns. Check cable tensions and go again!

Starting to get to the fun part!

Rich

Awesome! Congratulations.

Send a photo and we'll share it with the entire Zenith community!

Super Like!

One slick looking airplane. I am building my third Zenith kit and first flights are still very special.
Mike Wilson
Chiang Mai, Thailand

RSS

New from Zenith:

Zenith Planes For Sale 

Classified listing for buying or selling your Zenith building or flying related stuff...

Custom Instrument Panels
for your Zenith
:

Custom instrument panels are now available directly from Zenith Aircraft Company exclusively for Zenith builders and owners. Pre-cut panel, Dynon and Garmin avionics, and more.

Zenith Homecoming Tee:

Zenair Floats

Flying On Your Own Wings:
A Complete Guide to Understanding Light Airplane Design, by Chris Heintz

Builder & Pilot Supplies:

Aircraft Insurance:

West Coast USA:

Pro Builder Assistance:

Transition training:

Lavion Aero

K&S Aviation Services

Aircraft Spruce & Specialty for all your building and pilot supplies!

How to videos from HomebuiltHELP.com

Developed specifically for Zenith builders (by a builder) these videos on DVD are a great help in building your own kit plane by providing practical hands-on construction information. Visit HomebuiltHelp.com for the latest DVD titles.

© 2024   Created by Zenith.Aero.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service