Hello folks,

I am looking for DIY plans for Engine Test Bed or Dynamo for me so I can excerise run my engine while I am building, it's taking longer than I thought that I thought Seb " one week" plane

KenB

Views: 272

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It only takes a week if you have hundreds of volunteers to help and a master project manager.
For the rest of us solo builders, it takes a wee bit longer. : )

Why not pickel  the motor till your ready to go?  I have pickeled several engines for long term storage with no Detrimental effects 

dave

Ditto Dave's advice.  It would be much more practical to pickle the engine.  Once aircraft engines are in-service, they do much better to be flown very regularly - at least every 2 weeks is my personal rule!  And notice I said "flown" regularly.  Many experts say a ground run-up is not good enough - the engine needs to be thoroughly warmed-up and flown to ensure residual moisture is boiled-off the oil and vented out of the engine.  It's going to be a hassle to run-up an engine on a test-stand that regularly and long enough to actually do more good than harm.

Pickle it!

John

N750A

Why not wait until the airframe is almost built and then buy or build the engine? Or do you already have the engine?

RSS

New from Zenith:

Zenith Planes For Sale 

Classified listing for buying or selling your Zenith building or flying related stuff...

Custom Instrument Panels
for your Zenith
:

Custom instrument panels are now available directly from Zenith Aircraft Company exclusively for Zenith builders and owners. Pre-cut panel, Dynon and Garmin avionics, and more.

Zenith Homecoming Tee:

Zenair Floats

Flying On Your Own Wings:
A Complete Guide to Understanding Light Airplane Design, by Chris Heintz

Builder & Pilot Supplies:

Aircraft Insurance:

West Coast USA:

Pro Builder Assistance:

Transition training:

Lavion Aero

K&S Aviation Services

Aircraft Spruce & Specialty for all your building and pilot supplies!

How to videos from HomebuiltHELP.com

Developed specifically for Zenith builders (by a builder) these videos on DVD are a great help in building your own kit plane by providing practical hands-on construction information. Visit HomebuiltHelp.com for the latest DVD titles.

© 2024   Created by Zenith.Aero.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service