HI all,

I am planning on putting a MGL Odyssey will all the bells and whistles in my CH801  backed up by the MGL  airspeed/Alt  digital isntrument.

I am flying 110percent VFR and not alot of cross country  so  i feel confident i dont need to add any steam back up.

Looking for opinions on this,  anything welcome.   I was also looking at the Dynon EFIS/EMS  but seemed to be a bit more pricey.

anyhow with thoughts?

Views: 960

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Bill,

thanks for that.  i have been weighing out the 'bang for the buck'  ratio and if i planned on keeping this plane for me, i may go with the more simple guages, but i live in Kenya, and am going to start flying it here, and hope to generate a market here so i can build and sell.  and i figured the first one will have all the bells and whistles to show what can be done, and from there will build as the buyer wants.  i have never actually put my hand on any of these instruments, but hope to soon.  i had my doubts on the size of the extreme,  meaning i wondered if it would be to hard to regain focus on if you bring your eyes in from a scan, but as i have not seen it yet i may be surprised as how good it works.    thanks for the input.  josh

Bill,

I am considering the MGL Xtreme Mini EFIS as well. However, the $1100 price is not really what the average builder will end up paying. If you plan to monitor your engine with it, and who doesn't, you will need the RDAC X-B box, CHT & EGT thermocouples, O/P & O/T senders & a tach pick-up. To enable the compass, you need their SP-2 Magnetometer package. I was quoted $2125.00 for all of the above. Still, not a bad price for what you get by any means.

Joshua,

I am no expert. We also installed the Odyssey in our CH750, with a back up mechanical airspeed indicator with two

separate peto tubes. Along with that we  have a separate Garmin 496 that can receive the weather. Also have a vertical compass card on top of the panel.

Bill

Interesting article on FOXNEWS.COM right now "Experts Warn"  'Death By GPS'. But I really like my Garmin Aero 500.

RSS

New from Zenith:

Zenith Planes For Sale 

Classified listing for buying or selling your Zenith building or flying related stuff...

Custom Instrument Panels
for your Zenith
:

Custom instrument panels are now available directly from Zenith Aircraft Company exclusively for Zenith builders and owners. Pre-cut panel, Dynon and Garmin avionics, and more.

Zenith Homecoming Tee:

Zenair Floats

Flying On Your Own Wings:
A Complete Guide to Understanding Light Airplane Design, by Chris Heintz

Builder & Pilot Supplies:

Aircraft Insurance:

West Coast USA:

Pro Builder Assistance:

Transition training:

Lavion Aero

K&S Aviation Services

Aircraft Spruce & Specialty for all your building and pilot supplies!

How to videos from HomebuiltHELP.com

Developed specifically for Zenith builders (by a builder) these videos on DVD are a great help in building your own kit plane by providing practical hands-on construction information. Visit HomebuiltHelp.com for the latest DVD titles.

© 2024   Created by Zenith.Aero.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service