We had a customer recently order these seats, make deposit, then cancel. We decided to finish the kit and put it up for sale.

The kit fits the 601/650 with center stick controls. Kit includes both seats, four side panels, and center console cover with boot. 

The color is a very light gray (looks almost white), a blue micro-fabric, and blue piping. 

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me. Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Views: 1123

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Robert;

I'm interested in the seats but understand you are in Germany? I live in California so I'm thinking the shipping costs would be a deal killer. Any idea what it might be? I'm not in any hurry if that makes a difference.

Thx,

Gary Welch

Cloverdale CA

Hi Gary,

Shipping to the U.S. is $135.00 and includes $1000.00 insurance. Shipping is with DHL and takes about 2 weeks.

What type of payment do you accept? Is American Express and option?

Gary

We normally do paypal. You can normally associate your American Express with your paypal account. We don't accept credit cards outright. Sorry

Hi Robert;

Do you know the approximate weight of the seats and accessories? I need to keep the weight on the aircraft as low as possible.

If the weight is ok,  what email address do I send the Paypal payment to?

Also, do you have a rough idea for the shipping time to California? As I mentioned earlier, I'm not in a big rush, just curious on the time frame.

My full address is

Gary Welch

468 Josephine Drive 

Cloverdale California

Thx

Gary

Hello Gary,

The weight of the seats, 4 side panels, and center cover comes to about 15 KG. The kit without the headrests are 12 KG. The kit was designed for the LSA 600 KG MTOW line. We are working on a kit at the moment for the UL (as found a lot here in Europe), and are expecting it to weigh in about 5 KG less. 

Shipping time to California is approx 2 weeks, based on previous experience. 

If you are interested, let me know and give me your email address and I can send you a payment request via paypal.

Regards,

Robert

That weight is a little too much at 15kg.

I have a heavy engine in my plane (an O-235) so I am trying everything I can to keep the weight down.

I currently have an old (used) set of seats and just weighed them with the side panels. They came out to about 15 lbs (6.8kg) total. They're not high backed seats and have no headrest, though. And that weight doesn't include the armrest/ stick cover.  

The end result would be adding another 18lbs (8 kg) which I can't afford.

The UL version would work, but regular price is probably more than I could afford.

It's past my bed time,

Gary 

Send me your private email and we can discuss some options, or you can email me at robert_a_lemke@yahoo.com

Will the seats fit a 601 HDS?

Thanks!

John Kent

Hi John,

I don't know for sure... We can check to see. Are you interested in sending me the dimensions of the HDS? Then I can tell you if it will fit. I believe you wont have any problems with the seats themselves, but the center console cover and side panels may be a problem.

Hello Robert,

The spar on the HDS is taller than the XL or 650. I'll try to measure the spar height and send it to you. Also, what was the height of the person who ordered the seats?

Thanks!

John

The spar height will most likely affect the height of the upper knee supports. If you are relatively tall it wont matter. If your shorter (I'd say around 5'9" or less) they may make using the pedals difficult or uncomfortable with a higher spar.  The seat width will be important to know. The width of the center console and the length of both the covered portion and the opening for the stick will be important. For the side panels, measuring the length of the opening at its widest point and its height  The seats aren't manufactured based on height. I am 6'1" and sit comfortably. My wife is 5'9" and sits comfortably. The original seat contour that the airframe makes is kept throughout the seat except for the upper back and thighs which protrude more than the rest of the seat. The entire seat is around 3 inches thick. (If you can imagine the airframe contour + 3 inches). The seats look "thicker" than they are because of the side supports.

RSS

New from Zenith:

Zenith Planes For Sale 

Classified listing for buying or selling your Zenith building or flying related stuff...

Custom Instrument Panels
for your Zenith
:

Custom instrument panels are now available directly from Zenith Aircraft Company exclusively for Zenith builders and owners. Pre-cut panel, Dynon and Garmin avionics, and more.

Zenith Homecoming Tee:

Zenair Floats

Flying On Your Own Wings:
A Complete Guide to Understanding Light Airplane Design, by Chris Heintz

Builder & Pilot Supplies:

Aircraft Insurance:

West Coast USA:

Pro Builder Assistance:

Transition training:

Lavion Aero

K&S Aviation Services

Aircraft Spruce & Specialty for all your building and pilot supplies!

How to videos from HomebuiltHELP.com

Developed specifically for Zenith builders (by a builder) these videos on DVD are a great help in building your own kit plane by providing practical hands-on construction information. Visit HomebuiltHelp.com for the latest DVD titles.

© 2024   Created by Zenith.Aero.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service