Let me start a fired up topic. Has anyone considered the WW Corvair 100HP for the 701? I know he did one prototype, but the 750 has taken over. But curious about the combo on 701? I know all the weight logic.

Thanks all

Views: 1214

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks Larry, I think I will get a hold of Ray for a mount also! If you'd like to talk further without going through this site here is my email...

terhobey@gmail.com

Ter

I recall William Wynne saying in a posting a year or so ago that he does not actively market the Corvair/701 package but that he can still provide everything if someone wants it. He still has the specs and tooling to make the engine mount and the few other bits that are 701 specific. Everything else is common to the 601/650/750 packages and readily available. I would not be too quick to dismiss the idea of working with William for your firewall forward........He may be a bit of a "character" and may not be the most tactful person in the world but he knows his subject intimately and has decades of development behind him. His stuff is very mature and very reliable. I will take that over a smooth talker who has just come up with a new and better Corvair any day. A lot of folks have been burned by going to other vendors or shops for their Corvair conversion stuff. Ya'll be careful out there. Bargain engines are generally not bargains and your fanny is gonna be up there in the air trusting that engine.

THanks Bob, I actually completely agree with you. I have watched the Corvair movement with WW, Langford and all since about 2001.  It was close to the time I started building my RV9. I have all of WW's manual's conversion and flight and DVD's. I am close to 100% committed to following his conversion path.  I can build things with blueprints and instructions, but am not an aircraft designer! I suppose I read the books, but mainly to understand how things work and the best way to keep them working. Not going to reinvent anything at 63.  The biggest change I probably made to any plans was to build create a fiberglass canopy skirt for my RV instead of trying to shape the dog house on the rear of the slider.

Williams philosipies are probably alot as mine, I've just found it easier to not engage people with them.

I so appreciate your reply!

Terry

RSS

New from Zenith:

Zenith Planes For Sale 

Classified listing for buying or selling your Zenith building or flying related stuff...

Custom Instrument Panels
for your Zenith
:

Custom instrument panels are now available directly from Zenith Aircraft Company exclusively for Zenith builders and owners. Pre-cut panel, Dynon and Garmin avionics, and more.

Zenith Homecoming Tee:

Zenair Floats

Flying On Your Own Wings:
A Complete Guide to Understanding Light Airplane Design, by Chris Heintz

Builder & Pilot Supplies:

Aircraft Insurance:

West Coast USA:

Pro Builder Assistance:

Transition training:

Lavion Aero

K&S Aviation Services

Aircraft Spruce & Specialty for all your building and pilot supplies!

How to videos from HomebuiltHELP.com

Developed specifically for Zenith builders (by a builder) these videos on DVD are a great help in building your own kit plane by providing practical hands-on construction information. Visit HomebuiltHelp.com for the latest DVD titles.

© 2024   Created by Zenith.Aero.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service