Hi All,
I bought a 750 with a Corvair engine. It had a nose gear failure. I am more of a Rotax guy, so I want to sell the Engine and FWD package. It has the cowl and mount. Should be all you need to be flying a Corvair 750. I put up a video at:

https://youtu.be/lFcTeoMcQxs

I am asking $8000.00 or best offer. All I know is in the video. Let me know if you have interest.
I am also looking for a 750 FWF for a Rotax set up.

Thanks,

Brad

651-764-2419

Views: 325

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This engine can be a great jump start for those interested in getting a Corvair for their plane. That said, for those who are unfamiliar, this particular engine is not airworthy in its current state due to the prop strike. Dial indicating the hub or the fact that it still rotates is no assurance that internal damage has not occurred. The engine needs to be disassembled and inspected. At the very least the crank should be magnafluxed and the cam gear replaced.

-Ken

Thanks for the input Ken.  I hope the video provides enough info for those who are interested.   Any idea on the cost of a crank and cam gear if it is needed?

Brad

The aluminum cam gear is around $70 and should be replaced.  The crank is a different story.  It could simply be the cost of magnafluxing or north of $1300 if the crank is bent or cracked.  It also depends on whether the crank is a refurbished stock 8409 or a billet crank from SPA.  Who ever buys this engine can buy William Wynne's Maintenance and Operations manual for more info.  They can also call William himself.

-Ken

Sold

RSS

New from Zenith:

Zenith Planes For Sale 

Classified listing for buying or selling your Zenith building or flying related stuff...

Custom Instrument Panels
for your Zenith
:

Custom instrument panels are now available directly from Zenith Aircraft Company exclusively for Zenith builders and owners. Pre-cut panel, Dynon and Garmin avionics, and more.

Zenith Homecoming Tee:

Zenair Floats

Flying On Your Own Wings:
A Complete Guide to Understanding Light Airplane Design, by Chris Heintz

Builder & Pilot Supplies:

Aircraft Insurance:

West Coast USA:

Pro Builder Assistance:

Transition training:

Lavion Aero

K&S Aviation Services

Aircraft Spruce & Specialty for all your building and pilot supplies!

How to videos from HomebuiltHELP.com

Developed specifically for Zenith builders (by a builder) these videos on DVD are a great help in building your own kit plane by providing practical hands-on construction information. Visit HomebuiltHelp.com for the latest DVD titles.

© 2024   Created by Zenith.Aero.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service