What are you all using to lock your controls when you fly away from home and tie your plane down outside.

Views: 919

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Order placed and Frank confirmed he would cut the stock CL100 to my dimensions. I'm pretty confident that given the flexibility of adjusting the angle of the arms relative to the plane of the panel, I can get the elevator in a neutral position with the control lock in place.

I'll post photos when I get it installed.

It shipped today, and I should have it Friday. That's a remarkably fast turnaround for a custom size.

Stan,

If you receive the control lock early enough, are you going to try to have it installed by Quality Sports Plane Fly-in this weekend?

Please bring it with you either way.

Mack

Hi Mack,

If I get it Friday, I'll bring it with me to QSP. I may not have time to install it before leaving for Cloverdale Saturday morning, though.

-Stan

It arrived a day early, and is custom cut with an 8" throat. I'm heading out to the airport to install it.

It's a quality product with excellent workmanship.

The installation was painless except for having to shorten the inboard stud with a Dremel tool to prevent it from interfering with the installed VSI (the bottom row of steam gauges is very close to the panel bottom flange where the two studs are installed). You can see the VSI is pushed back in order to temporarily install the stud.

The 8" throat is perfect to provide neutral control surface positions on the elevator and ailerons.

Installation is complete and I'm a happy customer.

Thanks Stan for installing the lock in time for Cloverdale. I'm impressed after seeing the actual application and will order one for my 601. I understand that all we have to do is mention your name and that the lock is for the 601.

Thanks again,

Mack

I don't know how much weight my name carries, Mack, but Frank Bice, the owner, did say he'd be happy to duplicate the one he made for me with the 8" throat.

Thank you for the pics, Stan.  You're right, it does look like a perfect fit.  Feel free to share this with your Zodiac friends.  We can duplicate the effort.  Fly Safely.

Stan,

Do you  have Mr. Bice's e-mail?

I do not seem to find any of his business info on the internet.

Ebay just shows two part #s which don't correspond to what we need for the 601.

Mack

Mack, Frank Bice's email address is customersupport@planepoop.com.

Thanks Stan

RSS

New from Zenith:

25th Anniversary: 1992 - 2017

Weather Maps

Custom Instrument Panels
for your Zenith
:

Custom instrument panels are now available directly from Zenith Aircraft Company exclusively for Zenith builders and owners. Pre-cut panel, power distribution panel, Approach Fast Stack harnesses, Dynon and Garmin avionics, and more.

New Custom Upholstery Kits for your Zenith Aircraft:

Zenith Vinyl Upholstery Kits

New Zenith Apparel from EAA:

Zenair Floats

Flying On Your Own Wings:
A Complete Guide to Understanding Light Airplane Design, by Chris Heintz.

Builder & Pilot Supplies:

Zenith transition training

and Sport Pilot:

Quality Sport Planes
Cloverdale, California:

© 2017   Created by Zenith.Aero.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service