I am looking at an 0-200 that a fellow has for sale. I noticed that it doesn't seem to have a provision for a mechanical fuel pump. I see that were the pump goes, front right side of engine, it has the raised portion for the pump but it is not machined out. 

Do some 0-200's have pumps and some do not?

Do I need a mechanical pump on my Ch-750?

Thnaks!

Views: 723

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yep that's accurate, depends on the model of the 200.... there are several.  You do NOT need a fuel pump for the 750, in fact mine (electrical) was causing issues with the free flow of fuel when the pump was off, so I yanked it out.  It will get lots of fuel via gravity.

I have a C-90 with Stromberg carb, which is technically the same engine, on a 600 where the gas tank sits not as high as in 701 and have no issues without any fuel pump.I do have a electric fuel pump which i use only for priming the carb or for cold start to make it run more richer but it stays off for all the time during flight. The electric pump is connected in parallel circuit to avoid any hurdles in gravity feel flow. I am positive that you will have no issues with gravity feed and i personally like keep things as simple as possible.

Feel free to call me @ 647-887-4284 if you want to discuss anything.

Harry

RSS

New from Zenith:

Zenith Planes For Sale 

Classified listing for buying or selling your Zenith building or flying related stuff...

Custom Instrument Panels
for your Zenith
:

Custom instrument panels are now available directly from Zenith Aircraft Company exclusively for Zenith builders and owners. Pre-cut panel, Dynon and Garmin avionics, and more.

Zenith Homecoming Tee:

Zenair Floats

Flying On Your Own Wings:
A Complete Guide to Understanding Light Airplane Design, by Chris Heintz

Builder & Pilot Supplies:

Aircraft Insurance:

West Coast USA:

Pro Builder Assistance:

Transition training:

Lavion Aero

K&S Aviation Services

Aircraft Spruce & Specialty for all your building and pilot supplies!

How to videos from HomebuiltHELP.com

Developed specifically for Zenith builders (by a builder) these videos on DVD are a great help in building your own kit plane by providing practical hands-on construction information. Visit HomebuiltHelp.com for the latest DVD titles.

© 2024   Created by Zenith.Aero.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service