Is it important to pay attention to orientating the blade of the cleco?
Will the orientation possibly help keep airfoils from twisting?
Thanks James

Views: 379

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I am not aware of any difference in Cleco orientation making a difference during my build experience. I did however make an effort not to just start at one end of a piece and just rivet straight down the line. It was suggested to me, and appeared to work, that one should rivet a little in one spot then move down the line to another then back up the line a little and so forth. The thought being that as you rivet you do don't push the metal progressively in one direction, thus setting tension and possible twist in the work piece.

Also the cleco's will stop the bleeding when you drill into your finger.  Simply remove drill bit and insert cleco.  Yes you WILL drill into your finger!!  Happy building.

RSS

New from Zenith:

Zenith Planes For Sale 

Classified listing for buying or selling your Zenith building or flying related stuff...

Custom Instrument Panels
for your Zenith
:

Custom instrument panels are now available directly from Zenith Aircraft Company exclusively for Zenith builders and owners. Pre-cut panel, Dynon and Garmin avionics, and more.

Zenith Homecoming Tee:

Zenair Floats

Flying On Your Own Wings:
A Complete Guide to Understanding Light Airplane Design, by Chris Heintz

Builder & Pilot Supplies:

Aircraft Insurance:

West Coast USA:

Pro Builder Assistance:

Transition training:

Lavion Aero

K&S Aviation Services

Aircraft Spruce & Specialty for all your building and pilot supplies!

How to videos from HomebuiltHELP.com

Developed specifically for Zenith builders (by a builder) these videos on DVD are a great help in building your own kit plane by providing practical hands-on construction information. Visit HomebuiltHelp.com for the latest DVD titles.

© 2024   Created by Zenith.Aero.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service