SOLD - CH 650 Tail Surfaces Kit components: Elev, Rudder, Horiz Stab, Trim Tab, etc

Kit includes all parts as sold by Zenith to complete the rudder, horizontal stab, elevator, trim tab, ray allen electric trim (servo, indicator, wwitch, wiring).  Small amount of work done on some parts.  Kit came with another aircraft purchase and is surplus to my needs.  This is a low cost beginning to a 601/650 project.  Price: 1,250.00 (Current Tail Kit price from Zenith $2,595).  Kit is located in the Oklahoma City metro area.  Prefer pick, but would consider delivery within a reasonable distance.   I could bring them to the Zenith Homecoming Fly-in Sept 16 & 17th if that would help.  Don't hesitate to contact me if you have questions. 

smuehlberg@pldi.net

Views: 400

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Is the tail kit for the CH601 the same as the tail kit for the CH650 ?

Yes, interchangeable. Although this elevator has the full (one side) length trim tab. Early models of 601 had half span tabs.and one could run out of nose up trim in the flair depending on the engine up front. I know a few 601 owner who retrofitted the full span tab to fix this. The 650 rudder is slanted back at a greater angle than the 601, but this is accomplished by installing a longer upper rudder mounting bracket.. The rudder is the same. I also know a few 601 owners who changed out the brackets to give their 601 the 650 look. Purely cosmetic.

Is this the newer kit w/ predrilled parts? Does it come w/ a set of plans? Do you still have the shipping crate?

The parts are about 2-3 years old (late 2019/early 2020) and the parts are pre drilled.  Yes, I have plans for the tail kit.  I was told the parts for the kit were picked up at the factory.  There was no crate. Only have some the protective cardboard packaging that came with the parts.

If the parts are still avaliable and if you would be willing to pack and ship at my expense I would like to purchase them. Contact me  directly if you prefer via  email  arliechazz@gmail.com. 

The kit is still available. Honestly, I really don't want to attempt trying to package the parts.  We are talking about fragile  sheet metal aluminum parts that are almost 8 ft long and 18-24 inches wide.  As I said in the ad, I don't have the crate that they would have been shipped in from Zenith as they were picked up from the factory by the original purchaser.   I do have cardboard sleeves that the factory provided for the horizontal stab skin and the elevator skin.  But I wouldn't ship anything in them, they would be destroyed in transit.
I would consider delivery within a reasonable distance or could bring them to the Zenith Homecoming Fly-in Sept 16 & 17th if that would help.  Also, you welcome to come pick up the parts up.  I appreciate your interest in the tail kit, but trying to package the parts for shipment isn't a good Idea.   It would be cost prohibitive and most likely the parts would be damaged in shipment. 

RSS

New from Zenith:

Zenith Planes For Sale 

Classified listing for buying or selling your Zenith building or flying related stuff...

Custom Instrument Panels
for your Zenith
:

Custom instrument panels are now available directly from Zenith Aircraft Company exclusively for Zenith builders and owners. Pre-cut panel, Dynon and Garmin avionics, and more.

Zenith Homecoming Tee:

Zenair Floats

Flying On Your Own Wings:
A Complete Guide to Understanding Light Airplane Design, by Chris Heintz

Builder & Pilot Supplies:

Aircraft Insurance:

West Coast USA:

Pro Builder Assistance:

Transition training:

Lavion Aero

K&S Aviation Services

Aircraft Spruce & Specialty for all your building and pilot supplies!

How to videos from HomebuiltHELP.com

Developed specifically for Zenith builders (by a builder) these videos on DVD are a great help in building your own kit plane by providing practical hands-on construction information. Visit HomebuiltHelp.com for the latest DVD titles.

© 2024   Created by Zenith.Aero.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service