I was not happy with the instructions that came with the sending unit ring in that it gave a very small area to seal with, so I did something different:

I cut a slot in the ring so that it could be put through an opening the size of the inner hole of the rubber gasket.

Start one of the short screws to keep from dropping it, then use the long screw to get the float assembly started, then remove your helper screw.

This gives the whole gasket area room to seal, instead of just a tiny lip.

Views: 2313

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

the sender unit looks like a VDO  do you know the impedance? (Ohms)

Angel,
I bought the VDO sender units.
The ones I have run from 5 to 80 ohms.
Earnie

Good job, The addition of locking split washers under the screw heads will retain the screw torque. Why washers aren't called for in the installation is a wonder..  Also a gas sealant on the threaded shank area of each screw.  :) Pat

Did you bend the sender rod a full 125 degrees as in photo guide? When I do, i cant get the 8 to 80 ohm readings.

At about 115 degrees bend I can get 10 ohm to 69 from a point 70mm from front/77mm from tank bottom. I think that will work but its not according to the guide.

John, what gauges are you using? I recommend this one from BeLight:

http://www.beliteaircraftstore.com/universal-led-fuel-gauge-with-2-...

You can calibrate it to whatever resistance you get.

Make the bend so you get full travel from bottom of tank to top of tank, and don't worry so much about the resistance reading.

RSS

New from Zenith:

Zenith Planes For Sale 

Classified listing for buying or selling your Zenith building or flying related stuff...

Weather Maps

Custom Instrument Panels
for your Zenith
:

Custom instrument panels are now available directly from Zenith Aircraft Company exclusively for Zenith builders and owners. Pre-cut panel, power distribution panel, Approach Fast Stack harnesses, Dynon and Garmin avionics, and more.

Custom Upholstery Kits for your Zenith Aircraft:

Zenith Vinyl Upholstery Kits

Zenith Apparel from EAA:

Zenair Floats

Flying On Your Own Wings:
A Complete Guide to Understanding Light Airplane Design, by Chris Heintz

Builder & Pilot Supplies:

How to videos from HomebuiltHELP.com

Developed specifically for Zenith builders (by a builder) these videos on DVD are a great help in building your own kit plane by providing practical hands-on construction information. Visit HomebuiltHelp.com for the latest DVD titles.

Aircraft Insurance:

West Coast USA:

Pro Builder Assistance

Pro Builder Assistance

Aircraft Spruce & Specialty for all your building and pilot supplies!

© 2020   Created by Zenith.Aero.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service