I'm well aware that it is best to avoid light colors on top of the glareshield so as to avoid annoying reflections in the windshield. Looking at a number of 750's, the steel tubing that runs down behind the windshield to brace the top of the firewall  is sometimes painted gray and sometimes painted an exterior color, even light colors such as yellow, etc.

Will this tubing cause the same annoying reflections in the windscreen if painted a light, reflective color? I didn't know if the tubing's proximity to the windscreen hurt or helps or makes no difference?

John

Views: 190

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Having flown other aircraft with cross braces, I would paint them flat black to make them sort of disapear as you look past them. Try some other colors in your car and see how you like them, you should get the same affect from the windshield and dash.

That's a good idea about putting a sample in the car! I was thinking of going with the medium gray that a lot of builders seem to use, but that is of course definitely more reflective than flat black! I can grab one of the control rods I've already painted and suspend it with tape a few inches from the windishield of my truck and see how it works in various light conditions.

Any 750 drivers out there that can tell me the average distance the braces are from the inside of the windscreen in a 750????

Regards,

John

RSS

New from Zenith:

Zenith Planes For Sale 

Classified listing for buying or selling your Zenith building or flying related stuff...

Custom Instrument Panels
for your Zenith
:

Custom instrument panels are now available directly from Zenith Aircraft Company exclusively for Zenith builders and owners. Pre-cut panel, Dynon and Garmin avionics, and more.

Zenith Homecoming Tee:

Zenair Floats

Flying On Your Own Wings:
A Complete Guide to Understanding Light Airplane Design, by Chris Heintz

Builder & Pilot Supplies:

Aircraft Insurance:

West Coast USA:

Pro Builder Assistance:

Transition training:

Lavion Aero

K&S Aviation Services

Aircraft Spruce & Specialty for all your building and pilot supplies!

How to videos from HomebuiltHELP.com

Developed specifically for Zenith builders (by a builder) these videos on DVD are a great help in building your own kit plane by providing practical hands-on construction information. Visit HomebuiltHelp.com for the latest DVD titles.

© 2024   Created by Zenith.Aero.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service