I am curious if anyone has used a tool called the EZ-Burr (https://ezburr.com/).

It is a drill mounted bit with a retractable blade that is supposed to allow deburring of holes from both 

sides.

Views: 422

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yes I have one and it’s the best thing since sliced bread. Not much else to say other than it does exactly what it says it does, and fast to boot.

I agree with Todd, just make sure you are clear on the other side of the hole otherwise if it snags it will snap right off.

I am not sure what you mean by "clear on the other side". Do you mean make sure the tool is all the way through hole before reversing direction or something else?

Also, is there anyway that the bit can cause damage? Probably my first use would be for deburring wing skins. I sure would hate for something to go wrong and have it damage the skin in some way.

As I was drilling thru there was a piece of angle on the inside about 20mm away that the tool hit and the tip broke off. So just be careful if your skin is on that there is not some type of unseen obstruction on the inside.

The bit can damage the hole by taking off too much material if it is not set correctly. I found that a cordless drill worked better than a pneumatic drill for deburring. The cordless has a slower and consistent rpm. Do several practice holes and adjust the ez burr tool setting screw to remove the material you want.

Once you get it set it is very consistent.

Thanks for the info Glenn. I will definitely be getting one to try.

Rats. I wish I knew about this before I'm almost done with my metalwork!

What Glenn said...set adjustment on scrap, chuck it up on a dedicated battery operated screwdriver, and order both sizes for A4 and A5.  Way faster and easier on the hands and wrist than using any other manual method for deburring holes.

They are great. Order an extra blade or two, so as to have a spare on hand. Worth getting both sizes.

RSS

New from Zenith:

Zenith Planes For Sale 

Classified listing for buying or selling your Zenith building or flying related stuff...

Custom Instrument Panels
for your Zenith
:

Custom instrument panels are now available directly from Zenith Aircraft Company exclusively for Zenith builders and owners. Pre-cut panel, Dynon and Garmin avionics, and more.

Zenith Homecoming Tee:

Zenair Floats

Flying On Your Own Wings:
A Complete Guide to Understanding Light Airplane Design, by Chris Heintz

Builder & Pilot Supplies:

Aircraft Insurance:

West Coast USA:

Pro Builder Assistance:

Transition training:

Lavion Aero

K&S Aviation Services

Aircraft Spruce & Specialty for all your building and pilot supplies!

How to videos from HomebuiltHELP.com

Developed specifically for Zenith builders (by a builder) these videos on DVD are a great help in building your own kit plane by providing practical hands-on construction information. Visit HomebuiltHelp.com for the latest DVD titles.

© 2024   Created by Zenith.Aero.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service