Hi everybody...

help help.... regarding AN 470 A 3.3 rivets  on 701 wings and flaperons... is there any treatment to apply to rivets before sqeezing ??

happy flight to you

Regards

Max

Views: 252

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Max

No but its a good idea to to have the parts primed before you install them. I dabbed a little primer one the holes with a "Q" tip for my 701 before I Squeezed them. I live near the ocean so corrosion can be a problem.

Rob M

Tks a lot Robert... as you can see on the attached file...i m living too in a corrosive atmosphere.. normal for an Island..

tks again for yr reply

Regards from La Reunion (  Indian Ocean )

Max,

You should not have to do any treatment to the rivets before squeezing them depending on where they are being used. If you were building a fuel tank then I would suggest that you soak the rivets in MEK before usage to remove any oil so that later the tank sealant (Proseal) would stick.

Mike Ice

Tks my friend... internet is a very good thing... yu seem so close... and yr reply very helpfull as i m far away from you,

lost in my ocean

tks

Max

RSS

New from Zenith:

Zenith Planes For Sale 

Classified listing for buying or selling your Zenith building or flying related stuff...

Custom Instrument Panels
for your Zenith
:

Custom instrument panels are now available directly from Zenith Aircraft Company exclusively for Zenith builders and owners. Pre-cut panel, Dynon and Garmin avionics, and more.

Zenith Homecoming Tee:

Zenair Floats

Flying On Your Own Wings:
A Complete Guide to Understanding Light Airplane Design, by Chris Heintz

Builder & Pilot Supplies:

Aircraft Insurance:

West Coast USA:

Pro Builder Assistance:

Transition training:

Lavion Aero

K&S Aviation Services

Aircraft Spruce & Specialty for all your building and pilot supplies!

How to videos from HomebuiltHELP.com

Developed specifically for Zenith builders (by a builder) these videos on DVD are a great help in building your own kit plane by providing practical hands-on construction information. Visit HomebuiltHelp.com for the latest DVD titles.

© 2024   Created by Zenith.Aero.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service