I finally got around to installing ADS-B out in my 601XL. I decided to go with uAvionix's Echouat/Skyfyx-EXT combo. Very easy to install and works very well. The unit is very small and light and also provides ADS-B in via wifi. I liked that I didn't have to direct wire my transponder to the unit as it detects the squawk code and pressure alt through the electrical system.  It plays well with FlyQ EFB and FltPlan Go.

Views: 653

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hey Ken, can you send a picture of the install when you get a chance. Thx

Here's a picture for you David.  I installed the unit per the instruction save for one exception.  Instead of using the supplied SMA to BNC dongle I ordered a length of RG400 with the BNC and SMA connectors already attached from amazon.  The GPS antenna is mounted midline on the turtle deck underneath the canopy.  The UAT antenna is mounted just behind the access hatch at the bottom of the rear fuselage.

-Ken.

Ken, I was just admiring your photos.  What a great looking instrument panel and engine.

Hello I will be looking for a similar set up for my 601 XLb also. Would you mind telling me what the cost was of this unit?

Aircraft Spruce has a combo deal with free shipping. $1399.00 for everything but the antenna cable and mounting hardware.
Thank you, Loren. Your panel looks pretty slick as well.

RSS

New from Zenith:

Zenith Planes For Sale 

Classified listing for buying or selling your Zenith building or flying related stuff...

Custom Instrument Panels
for your Zenith
:

Custom instrument panels are now available directly from Zenith Aircraft Company exclusively for Zenith builders and owners. Pre-cut panel, Dynon and Garmin avionics, and more.

Zenith Homecoming Tee:

Zenair Floats

Flying On Your Own Wings:
A Complete Guide to Understanding Light Airplane Design, by Chris Heintz

Builder & Pilot Supplies:

Aircraft Insurance:

West Coast USA:

Pro Builder Assistance:

Transition training:

Lavion Aero

K&S Aviation Services

Aircraft Spruce & Specialty for all your building and pilot supplies!

How to videos from HomebuiltHELP.com

Developed specifically for Zenith builders (by a builder) these videos on DVD are a great help in building your own kit plane by providing practical hands-on construction information. Visit HomebuiltHelp.com for the latest DVD titles.

© 2024   Created by Zenith.Aero.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service