I've searched the 750 page a bit, builder resources, and some good ol' fashioned Googling, but haven't happened upon what I expect is a simple find.

Currently installed are the Matco MC-5 brake cylinders, with built-in reservoirs.  Matco says can't use a second set in-line with the first.  So what about using the MC-4 that does NOT have a built-in reservoir?  Or will I need to plumb a separate reservoir?  And if so how will it affect the MC-5s currently installed.  

Seems there's got to be a simple way to just tee into the existing system with a couple pistons, without having to go all MC-4s.

Thanks, 
Conor

Views: 1363

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

One set with reservoir and one without is what Zenith provides, if you order thier dual seat brake system.  Photos of our brake system in our builders page may help what you're looking for www.facebook.com/pg/Experimental750ES  The photo's are scattered because we take pictures and post as we work, and skip around during the build.

Conor,

I believe this attached drawing is what you want to do. It is from Matco tech support drawings page. If you purchased your brake kit from Zenith, I think the drawing is also in your  Matco booklet.

This is what I have. I had my pilot brakes for a year before installing brakes on the co-pilot side.

Jim

Attachments:

Zenith Drawing of Dual Brakes (pdf)

Recommend rotating the right pedal cylinder brackets (75C3-8) on pilot and passenger side to get more wheel/rudder travel, and full piston travel of the bracket cylinder.  For less strain on the polytube brake lines, we added a number of 45 degree elbows on the brake cylinders.  Also, we placed our slave cylinders on the passenger side for better pilot observation.

Images of dual brakes cylinders (facebook)

Howdy Loren, 

I finally got my right seat brakes installed.  Definitely moved the MC-5s/reservoirs over to the right side.  Primarily because I didn't want to re-run new brake line, there wasn't enough to make it work otherwise.  I put the new MC-4 cylinders sideways, but still wish I had ordered a few different fittings vs the 90 degree ones with the kit.  I'll get to making it nicer when I put new pads on again, and flush the system.  Maybe a year I hope..  

Glad to hear it's coming together for you.  

Thanks a ton for all the pertinent info.  
I'll be working the mod soon.

Conor,

Check this thread....You may want to upgrade your brake cylinders also.

http://www.zenith.aero/group/stolch750/forum/topics/matco-brakes-we...

Jim

Jim, 
I had the intensifier kits installed, and now they're in the machine.  Better braking than before, but barely.  However, I did install larger tires simultaneously so can only imagine w/o the kit it would definitely be worse.
Thanks for the advice.

For better braking you might want to read some of what Jan Eggenfellner shared on this post

https://www.facebook.com/Experimental750ES/posts/451574858556311

RSS

New from Zenith:

Zenith Planes For Sale 

Classified listing for buying or selling your Zenith building or flying related stuff...

Custom Instrument Panels
for your Zenith
:

Custom instrument panels are now available directly from Zenith Aircraft Company exclusively for Zenith builders and owners. Pre-cut panel, Dynon and Garmin avionics, and more.

Zenith Homecoming Tee:

Zenair Floats

Flying On Your Own Wings:
A Complete Guide to Understanding Light Airplane Design, by Chris Heintz

Builder & Pilot Supplies:

Aircraft Insurance:

West Coast USA:

Pro Builder Assistance:

Transition training:

Lavion Aero

K&S Aviation Services

Aircraft Spruce & Specialty for all your building and pilot supplies!

How to videos from HomebuiltHELP.com

Developed specifically for Zenith builders (by a builder) these videos on DVD are a great help in building your own kit plane by providing practical hands-on construction information. Visit HomebuiltHelp.com for the latest DVD titles.

© 2024   Created by Zenith.Aero.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service