It's time to start the install of the 912 to my 701. I purchased the engine from my uncle after he tore his plane off the trailer while hauling it. I have purchased a Zenith mount and ring (Ouch!!) and will be making preparations on getting the engine ready for mounting the ring too. I have a few questions.

The exhaust and oil cooler off of the old engine seem to be the wrong size and configuration. Can anyone tell me the correct ones needed for the 701 with the newer cowl? Part numbers would be very helpful. 

Exhaust: The whole exhaust system (pipes/muffler) seems to be wrong off the old set up. Does anyone know the right parts for the 701? 

Other considerations?? I have been reading through the form and see that I may want to buy the homebulders help 912 install video. 

Thanks in advance for any help you guys may provide. I took a year and a half off of my 701 build to do some flying in an Avid Mark IV I bought. It's been fun to get back in the air but its time to finish the 701 with all the cool mods I did. 

Thanks

Vance Simons

Post Falls, Idaho

Views: 409

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Vance

I’d call Zenith and talk to Joyce, she is the one I worked with when I bought my FWF kit last winter.  I made several substitutions and deletions.  I have part numbers but they are likely Zenith’s.  

Or if you want to post up photos of what you have I will compare to mine.

A good source of info is Rotec in Canada, or Lockwood in Florida.

Yes I recommend the Homebuilt Help 912 video.

Jim, Thanks for the reply. I sent off an email to the ladies a Zenith and they sent me a FWF parts list. I submitted a list of items needed and will wait for the return email. I will get the 912 install video on the way. 

Thanks again Jim.

Vance

RSS

New from Zenith:

Zenith Planes For Sale 

Classified listing for buying or selling your Zenith building or flying related stuff...

Custom Instrument Panels
for your Zenith
:

Custom instrument panels are now available directly from Zenith Aircraft Company exclusively for Zenith builders and owners. Pre-cut panel, Dynon and Garmin avionics, and more.

Zenith Homecoming Tee:

Zenair Floats

Flying On Your Own Wings:
A Complete Guide to Understanding Light Airplane Design, by Chris Heintz

Builder & Pilot Supplies:

Aircraft Insurance:

West Coast USA:

Pro Builder Assistance:

Transition training:

Lavion Aero

K&S Aviation Services

Aircraft Spruce & Specialty for all your building and pilot supplies!

How to videos from HomebuiltHELP.com

Developed specifically for Zenith builders (by a builder) these videos on DVD are a great help in building your own kit plane by providing practical hands-on construction information. Visit HomebuiltHelp.com for the latest DVD titles.

© 2024   Created by Zenith.Aero.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service