Hello fellow builders, can’t find distance spand between the firewall to the instrument panel. Got the distance up(540) but need the spand withe. Who knows where it’s shown? Thanks, Bill of Georgia 

Views: 167

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

On the Cruzer, the builder first aligns and cleco's the upper avionics bay cover to the firewall. Then the vertical instrument panel is put in place and the upper panel cover is used to spot the holes for the upper panel flange. This allows for slight variations in angle of the firewall, angle of the panel, etc.

Sorry, don't know if there's something else unique about the 801, but until it dawned on me, I was wondering the same thing!

Carl, thanks. This old kit has few pre drilled holes. It does have some black lines as guides for cutting, but I have to replace sheets because of corrison. Happy with the kit but the plans are just pictures with some brief written instruction. The 601 xl I built had super plans and instructions. I will call Nick to see if he knows. Best regards, Bill 

Carl, spoke with Nick and really didn’t come away with an answer I feel confident is correct. Basically, the cad drawing are not spot on nor the photos so I will just get close? 

William, remember that everything I say is based on the 750. However, seeing so many appearance similarities between the products I would, in ignorance, think you’ll be ok. 

I would still use use the firewall as the starting point because that position is determined by the fuse sides, cabin frame, etc. If the inst panel attaches to the cabin frame like it does in the 750 series, when you clamp it to the frame you could be a degree or so off vertical. There’s really no impact to the fit of anything as long as the upper panel cover drapes over the fuse for attachment to the fuse sides. The windscreen just basically sits on top of the skins so again, no worries about holes lining up. 

Since you’re mentioning Nick, I’m assuming you’re in Canada? Perhaps give Roger a call or email to see what he thinks. 

RSS

New from Zenith:

Zenith Planes For Sale 

Classified listing for buying or selling your Zenith building or flying related stuff...

Custom Instrument Panels
for your Zenith
:

Custom instrument panels are now available directly from Zenith Aircraft Company exclusively for Zenith builders and owners. Pre-cut panel, Dynon and Garmin avionics, and more.

Zenith Homecoming Tee:

Zenair Floats

Flying On Your Own Wings:
A Complete Guide to Understanding Light Airplane Design, by Chris Heintz

Builder & Pilot Supplies:

Aircraft Insurance:

West Coast USA:

Pro Builder Assistance:

Transition training:

Lavion Aero

K&S Aviation Services

Aircraft Spruce & Specialty for all your building and pilot supplies!

How to videos from HomebuiltHELP.com

Developed specifically for Zenith builders (by a builder) these videos on DVD are a great help in building your own kit plane by providing practical hands-on construction information. Visit HomebuiltHelp.com for the latest DVD titles.

© 2024   Created by Zenith.Aero.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service