I am close to closing my first built left wing. After putting the skins back on the upper surface with clecos, I looked at placing the wing root skins. The larger of the two does not seem to come close to fitting in the pre drilled holes. I suspect I'm going to leave this until the wing is mounted on the fuselage. I was hoping to get some input on this topic. Thank You.

Views: 389

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The root skin fitting is probably tougher than building the leading edge slats. Take your time...probably 3 - 4 hrs to get it correct.

Agreed 100 %..

On my 801 build, the root skins were by far the most difficult part to fit...And back then, we had to drill all 14,000+ holes ,as there was no prepunched kits..

Ps.. You need to install the clear top over the cockpit to get the curved cut to fit perfectly, after the wings are mounted of course. Use plenty of tape to protect the plexiglass so you don't scratch it during the fitting process.IMHO.

Thanks for your reply, I'm getting it.

Im getting it, slow but going OK.

Thanks

Greg

RSS

New from Zenith:

Zenith Planes For Sale 

Classified listing for buying or selling your Zenith building or flying related stuff...

Custom Instrument Panels
for your Zenith
:

Custom instrument panels are now available directly from Zenith Aircraft Company exclusively for Zenith builders and owners. Pre-cut panel, Dynon and Garmin avionics, and more.

Zenith Homecoming Tee:

Zenair Floats

Flying On Your Own Wings:
A Complete Guide to Understanding Light Airplane Design, by Chris Heintz

Builder & Pilot Supplies:

Aircraft Insurance:

West Coast USA:

Pro Builder Assistance:

Transition training:

Lavion Aero

K&S Aviation Services

Aircraft Spruce & Specialty for all your building and pilot supplies!

How to videos from HomebuiltHELP.com

Developed specifically for Zenith builders (by a builder) these videos on DVD are a great help in building your own kit plane by providing practical hands-on construction information. Visit HomebuiltHelp.com for the latest DVD titles.

© 2024   Created by Zenith.Aero.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service