IMG_1094%20R.jpg 

I have attached both sides to the bottom of the rear fuselage on my 750 along with the baggage back and floor. When I cleco the rear wing attach brackets in the top 2 corners to the top channel and to the 2 side channels it makes the side channels suck in at the bottom away from the side skins nearly and inch as I tried to show in the attached picture. Yes, I can push them out to the side skins and put a clamp there but it takes a little force and I did not know if this is normal as it seems like it will put a stress on the top 2 corners at the wing attach brackets. Thanks for any advice.

Views: 367

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Have you tried clecoing the side channels to the rear fuse side skin first & then mount the wing attach brackets?

I remember a lot of areas where a good bit of force was needed to pull the parts together. The rear seat channel/baggage floor/seat base area was the area I found to be the toughest to get to all come together, but it eventually does.

Thanks, I will look at that. I just did not want to force anything if I did not need to. I have not drilled the holes out yet either. It is still the pilot holes.

It is normal, at least mine did the same thing. When you start adding more parts it will start coming together better at that location. When you add the large gussets on the fuselage sides with the gear fittings that will squeeze it all together. I just try to cleco as much together as possible to help hold everything in alignment.

RSS

New from Zenith:

Zenith Planes For Sale 

Classified listing for buying or selling your Zenith building or flying related stuff...

Custom Instrument Panels
for your Zenith
:

Custom instrument panels are now available directly from Zenith Aircraft Company exclusively for Zenith builders and owners. Pre-cut panel, Dynon and Garmin avionics, and more.

Zenith Homecoming Tee:

Zenair Floats

Flying On Your Own Wings:
A Complete Guide to Understanding Light Airplane Design, by Chris Heintz

Builder & Pilot Supplies:

Aircraft Insurance:

West Coast USA:

Pro Builder Assistance:

Transition training:

Lavion Aero

K&S Aviation Services

Aircraft Spruce & Specialty for all your building and pilot supplies!

How to videos from HomebuiltHELP.com

Developed specifically for Zenith builders (by a builder) these videos on DVD are a great help in building your own kit plane by providing practical hands-on construction information. Visit HomebuiltHelp.com for the latest DVD titles.

© 2024   Created by Zenith.Aero.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service